Author Topic: WRIGHTS farmer's of Thundridge. 1904 approx.  (Read 1446 times)

Offline Boxer

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
WRIGHTS farmer's of Thundridge. 1904 approx.
« on: Thursday 01 April 10 14:51 BST (UK) »
Can anyone help me find my ancesters that moved from Lincolnshire between 1881-1891 census. There was a large family and farming in Thundridge.
Benjamin head of household died in 1904, don't know if he is buried in Thundridge or Ware. The rest of the family are wife Jane. children- Dinah, Charlotte, George, Harriett, James, Elizabeth. and Benjamin. Any info would be much appriciated. Thank you.

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Wright's farmer's of Thundridge. 1904 approx.
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 01 April 10 17:29 BST (UK) »
Hi

Can anyone help me find my ancesters that moved from Lincolnshire between 1881-1891 census

Can you clarify exactly what you are looking for - census lookups or death/burial lookups

You don't give any details of their respective birthyears/birthplaces or whether the female children  married.  Any census/death lookups would need this info.  I have the surname Wright in my own FH and it is a difficult surname to research without precise info

Have you looked for the family on the 1911 census to check who was still living at that time?  http://www.1911census.co.uk/search/tnaform.aspx

Freebmd has death transcriptions up to the early 1930's - have you checked for deaths there  http://freebmd.rootsweb.com
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Boxer

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Wright's farmer's of Thundridge. 1904 approx.
« Reply #2 on: Monday 05 April 10 16:51 BST (UK) »
Hi Carole.
sorry there wasn't enough info for you to go on, I havn't had time yet to prosess dates etc, but am hoping to during the next few day's, what I am looking for really is if any of Benjamin's family were buried in Thundridge or Ware church yard. Benjamin himself died in1904 aged about 89.
1901 census;- Charlotte was 40, George 37,  Harriett 35. Children not living there are Dinah, James, and Elizabeth. But there was a Grandson called William aged 15, mother being Harriett, still called Wright so not married. Benjamin's wife Jane was there.
Benjamin's parents were called James born 1781 Wrangle, Lincs. and his mum was Mary also born Wrangle in 1801.
That's all for now, hope this helps.  Gail.