Author Topic: James KANE & Bridget GARLAND  (Read 2899 times)

Offline clarenceD75

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
James KANE & Bridget GARLAND
« on: Friday 02 April 10 08:24 BST (UK) »
My Great Great Grandparents were born in the 1860s in Ireland (possibly Dundalk as this is where they married and lived?), they were called James Kane & Bridget Kane (nee Garland).

I visited Dundalk in Ireland, two years ago and I have been tracing my family for three years but I have hit a brick wall and cannot find out anymore information, I even hired a genealogist in Ireland but not joy.

I know my great great grandparents married on 17th October 1887 in Dundalk but unfortunately I cannot find out where?

They had a daughter, my great nan Bridget but I am yet to prove whether she had any siblings?

My great nan and great great nan resided in England in the 1900s and died in England but I am yet to find where James Kane is buried in Dundalk?

If anyone can help fill in the missing gaps it will be much appreciated

Many thanks

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: James KANE & Bridget GARLAND
« Reply #1 on: Friday 02 April 10 09:02 BST (UK) »
See here for details on how to search civil registration index to find details needed to order the marriage certificate-
www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,442233.0.html
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline agho

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: James KANE & Bridget GARLAND
« Reply #2 on: Friday 02 April 10 10:35 BST (UK) »
The church record of the marriage in Dundalk in 1887 is on the IFHF site www.irish-roots.ie €5 to view.
Oddly, on the IGI on www.familysearch.org there are three children born to James Kane & Bridget Garlan in 1864, 1866 & 1872  & there seems to be an 1863 marriage of the same couple on the IFHF ???
Because of this it's difficult to identify the children of your James & Bridget on the IFHF site.
Burns Scotland/Australia/Cork
Fitzgerald East Cork
Lynch Glanmire/Glounthaune
Walsh Clare/Westmeath
Haskett
Murley Cork