Author Topic: new member from Lincolnshire .and look up  (Read 2286 times)

Offline lidybut

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
new member from Lincolnshire .and look up
« on: Saturday 03 April 10 17:13 BST (UK) »
Hello. this is my 1st posting . I'm looking for my father side i have his birth certificate  date of birth 23 April 1926 at Ombersley and mother Mary parsons formerly Taylor with no father on certificate and address giving is 1 Harris hill .Ombersley in county or Worcester . Is it possible for a look up as to who lived at that address around that time, As i live in licolnshire.  I would like to say thank you  .  lidybut
Hodgkins Dudley. Parsons Warwickshire ?  Taylor Leicester .Arthur Taylor Leicestershire.

Offline netti

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: new member from Lincolnshire .and look up
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 06 April 10 19:32 BST (UK) »
Hi lidybut and welcome to rootschat

It might be hard to look up an address in 1926 - electoral rolls might be the way to go. Do you have any other information about Mary? Did she have any other children (brothers or sisters to your dad)

Be careful not to post details about living relatives else your posts will be deleted.

netti
AMES-london*ARROWSMITH-herefordshire*TUDGE-worcestershire*NOCTOR-wexford

All census information Crown Copyright
from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Redroger

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dad and Fireman at Kings Cross 13.7.1951
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 06 April 10 19:48 BST (UK) »
You should be able to trace his parents in the 1911 census if you have his birth certificate.
Ayres Brignell Cornwell Harvey Shipp  Stimpson Stubbings (all Cambs) Baumber Baxter Burton Ethards Proctor Stanton (all Lincs) Luffman (all counties)

Offline philheeks

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My Grandfather, Frank William Gomm
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 07 April 10 11:54 BST (UK) »
Hi There

As its your first posting I will see what I can do for you, as I shall be going on holiday to Worcestershire on 12th APR for a few weeks.

Please let me have a bit more info to go on though - my e mail address is (*)

All the very best

Phil
Weston-super-Mare

ps while away I will travel the 10 miles or so to visit Worcester History Centre one day each week

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php
Worcestershire - Heeks, Maiden, Pinchin, Hartland, Tredwell, Holliday, Morton, Collins, Aldington, Saunders
Oxfordshire - Gomm, Hamblet, Austin, Winter,
Herefordshire - Lowe
Radnor - Lowe, Powell
Gloucestershire - Holliday, Pinchin

Offline philheeks

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My Grandfather, Frank William Gomm
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 07 April 10 12:04 BST (UK) »
I just looked at the street search on the 1911 census index page & there is no Harris Hill in Ombersley on its pages

All the very best

Phil
Weston-super-Mare
Worcestershire - Heeks, Maiden, Pinchin, Hartland, Tredwell, Holliday, Morton, Collins, Aldington, Saunders
Oxfordshire - Gomm, Hamblet, Austin, Winter,
Herefordshire - Lowe
Radnor - Lowe, Powell
Gloucestershire - Holliday, Pinchin

Offline lidybut

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 07 April 10 19:37 BST (UK) »
 thanks you for replying ,I made a boob it was 1 Harris hill droitwich not ombersley.
Hodgkins Dudley. Parsons Warwickshire ?  Taylor Leicester .Arthur Taylor Leicestershire.

Offline lidybut

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 08 April 10 09:57 BST (UK) »
 Back again.I have a marriage for dads sister Alice maude gough to john Randell 1937 Martley Worcestershire , Birth Alice Maude parsons 23 Jan 1922 there is more brothers and sisters they was older than dad i dont know if they are alive,had my first meeting with Alice children a month ago Alice didn't really now her true name like my father. I know that Mary came under lots of names Taylor Parsons Gough :'(What a mix up for the past 30 years iv been trying to get to the bottom of this!! Id like to say thank you again, lidybut

Offline netti

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 09 April 10 19:00 BST (UK) »
Hi Lidybut

this seems a complicated puzzle for you  :o

Alice's marriage - have you got the certificate? Who has she put as father?

Do you know what happened to Mary Parsons/Taylor such as when she died and where? Were the family based in the Ombersley area as far as you know? Who brought your father up and where - sorry for all the questions  :)

Hopefully Phil will find out something for you

netti 
AMES-london*ARROWSMITH-herefordshire*TUDGE-worcestershire*NOCTOR-wexford

All census information Crown Copyright
from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline lidybut

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 09 April 10 21:20 BST (UK) »
hello and thanks
 I haven't got a birth or marriage certificate and death as Alice children never seen one as Alice destroyed them all, iv ask them to get new ones but not come up with them yet all the dates was given by Alice children  ,I found out that dad was going to be adopted by my gran and grandad George and Phillis Mary Gosby around 1933 they lived at 3 Leicester road. Tilton on the hill. Leicestershire ,   Theddingworth lodge.  Theddingworth. Nr Market Harborough. Leicestershire .Then Halstead leicestershire. I didn't now that it was going to be this complicated you are right but iv got to keep going so i can find out about my DAD when he was a child :(    lidybut