Author Topic: 2004 Obituaries - Aberdeen  (Read 3007 times)

Offline Just Kia

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
2004 Obituaries - Aberdeen
« on: Tuesday 06 April 10 03:52 BST (UK) »
I've just found that my Great Grandmother died in 2004 thanks to the updated records on SP. She lived in Aberdeen.
Are there newspapers available that there might have been an obit in?
I have ordered the death cert (hoping to clear up some questions at last).
WIMBUSH - Everywhere :: MARLOW/JECOCK/JUSTICE - Northamptonshire/Warwickshire/Oxfordshire :: SCALES/BRIDGES/ENGLISH/SPINK/PETCH/GOOCH/COCKSEDGE - Suffolk :: GARRETT/GIBBS/FEARN - Warwickshire :: DEVOS - Scotland (Aberdeen)/France(Dunkerque) :: MURRAY - Ireland(Down)/Scotland(Lochs) :: TIGHE/TREACY - Cork

Stanley Charles SCALES b.1899 - Where are you?    ***   

Offline Archivos

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Work is the curse of the drinking classes
    • View Profile
Re: 2004 Obituaries - Aberdeen
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 06 April 10 10:42 BST (UK) »
I think you might be in luck - the Press & Journal, the local newspaper, has a searchable obituaries page which looks like it starts on 1 January 2004 for searches.  It can be found at the following link - http://familyannouncements.ajl.co.uk/home/search

You can amend the dates you want to search from, and type in the surname.  If it doesn't come up, the Press & Journal might be able to do a manual search for you.  Their contact details are on their website.  Good luck!

Offline Just Kia

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 06 April 10 14:33 BST (UK) »
Fantastic!
Thank you very much and success, I was able to locate an Obit for her.
WIMBUSH - Everywhere :: MARLOW/JECOCK/JUSTICE - Northamptonshire/Warwickshire/Oxfordshire :: SCALES/BRIDGES/ENGLISH/SPINK/PETCH/GOOCH/COCKSEDGE - Suffolk :: GARRETT/GIBBS/FEARN - Warwickshire :: DEVOS - Scotland (Aberdeen)/France(Dunkerque) :: MURRAY - Ireland(Down)/Scotland(Lochs) :: TIGHE/TREACY - Cork

Stanley Charles SCALES b.1899 - Where are you?    ***   

Offline Archivos

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Work is the curse of the drinking classes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 06 April 10 21:37 BST (UK) »
No problem, I didn't think it went back that far so that's good to know!  Glad you found what you were looking for.