Author Topic: *COMPLETED* BIRTH/baptism look-up c1800-1815 please..  (Read 3319 times)

Offline ShannonF

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: BIRTH/baptism look-up c1800-1815 please..
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 25 August 10 15:01 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I believe there may be some connection but as of yet I haven't made it. My ancestor was John Saunders who married Mary Immes in 1798. I believe he may have married a Phillis beforehand and Mary was his second wife. I have just come back from a trip to Oxford/Gt&Lt Milton, may have some
info/photos of interest for you. How are u connected? PM me,

Shannon
Saunders (Oxfordshire)
Kilford (Wiltshire)
Fuller (Norfolk)
Kurn (Surrey) 
Burridge (Devon, Somerset]

Offline heathercote

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 25 August 10 15:50 BST (UK) »
Hi Shannon88,

My grandmothers grandfather was Nathaniel and my grandfathers grandfather was John. Long complicated story. From some investigation my cousin has done, I believe Nathaniel married again and had more children. I have been to Great Milton and looked at the head stones but they are all eroded away. I note that your John was a Saunders where we are Sanders. I would be interested in your findings, as when my father was trying to trace the family tree he could only get as far as Great Milton in the early 1800's.

Cheers Heathercote

Offline ShannonF

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 25 August 10 16:03 BST (UK) »
I went through a lot of the records when I was there and as we know my John was widowed when he married, the only possibility for a first marriage is to a Phillis..Thomas and Mary had two children named Phillis...I'm wondering if there is some connection ie uncle/nephew etc.

We also looked at the gravestones and I found Phillis Sanders, and also Mary Sanders daughter of Thomas and Mary. We had looked the previous day and completely missed it because, as you said, most of them are eroded. But we found these and took pictures so I can send them on if you would like? PM your email address and I can mail them to you.

Some of my Saunders are listed as Sanders too, the further I've gone back, and I've also seen the same families name morph into Sandurs and Sandrus.

Sounds like an interesting story re your gtgt grandparents...do you know anything else about the other siblings or Thomas and Mary?

Shannon
Saunders (Oxfordshire)
Kilford (Wiltshire)
Fuller (Norfolk)
Kurn (Surrey) 

Offline heathercote

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 25 August 10 16:26 BST (UK) »
Hi Shannon,

Until I found this topic I only knew of John & Nathaniel. Today is my first serious investigation of my ancestry so you must forgive me if I am a bit green. As it was raining at lunch time I did some search on the web and found an entry for a burial dated 24 December 1811 for a Phillis Sanders in Great Milton, could this corespond with the baptism of the 12th May 1811. You can use my work e-mail (*)

As I only work Monday to Wednesday, I shall have to continue this topic from home, so the replies may not be as quick until next week.

Cheers Heathercote

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline heathercote

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 07 September 10 10:56 BST (UK) »
Hi Shannon,

I have spoken to my cousin over the weekend and she has done extensive searches at Oxford. She did find some possible answers for you:-

Priscilla born 19 September 1802
Harriett born 2 March 1807
Thomas born 24 February 1799
Hannah ?

She also thinks there is a possibility that your John maybe a cousin of our John.

Will keep you informed as and when i find more.

Cheers Heathercote

Offline ShannonF

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 14 September 10 13:51 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Apologies for the delay in my reply. Yes those are the children of my ancestor. I have since found the will for their father, and can confirm that John married firstly to a Phillis [surname unknown], so I definitely believe there could be some sort of link.

I did not receive you email as it was removed, please Private Message me and then I can email you the information that I have.

Shannon
Saunders (Oxfordshire)
Kilford (Wiltshire)
Fuller (Norfolk)
Kurn (Surrey)