Author Topic: Frederick CHINNERY 1866 Completed with thanks  (Read 9386 times)

Offline Tiggersmum

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Frederick CHINNERY 1866
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 07 April 10 11:09 BST (UK) »
Oh wow, I didn't expect any info like this  :o  Thank you so very much for your time and trouble krisesjoint, it really is appreciated and has given me so much help with this family.  I shall now spend a couple of hours digesting it all.  Once again very many thanks. ;D
Regards
Tigger

Offline Tiggersmum

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 07 April 10 13:54 BST (UK) »
Oh Kris, as you say what a complicated family  ???  Just one last favour if I may?  It could be that I am in such a muddle trying to piece together this family that I have missed it, but although you kindly gave me details of the marriage for Frederick Arthur and Lanlowlee Chinnery, nee Brown there wasn't a date - did you make a note of it or wasn't one given.
Regards
Tigger

Offline krisesjoint

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Its my Party - I can eat cake
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 07 April 10 20:52 BST (UK) »
Oops sorry Tigger, I seem to have a habit of omitting marriage dates.  :-[

28 June 1926.

Yes certainly a complex family but a good one to have caught on depending which child you are interested in, you could well have had the wrong father particularly as all are CHINNERY.

Cheers Kris  :)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Tiggersmum

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 08 April 10 13:44 BST (UK) »
Thanks very much Kris for the marriage date.   I believe I have sorted them out but have left myself with the problem of trying to prove or otherwise any relationship between Frederick and Thomas Chinnery, but this family is at least keeping me out of mischief  ;D

The daughter I am most interested in is Lanowlee Mary who married a James Quick in 1910, possibly in the Channel Islands, and I don't believe they went to Australia, but cannot confirm this as yet so I have many hours ahead of me one way or the other.   I did have her father incorrectly - had him as Fred but it would appear to have been Thomas if I am reading your info correctly.  Anyway once again for your wonderful help.
Regards
Tigger

Offline krisesjoint

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Its my Party - I can eat cake
    • View Profile
Re: Frederick CHINNERY 1866 Completed with thanks
« Reply #22 on: Monday 19 April 10 06:38 BST (UK) »
Hi Tigger,

Took a look at immigration today.

Very little information.

Thomas CHINNERY arrived 8 Jan 1879 aboard the SALISBURY. He was aged 20 years, English, an Ag Lab

Sorry Frederick was not listed in any index.

Lanowlee H BROWN arrived 24 Oct 1878 aboard the HESPERUS. She was aged 16, English a domestic servant brought out by "Mr Taylor" going to Mrs Manvil at Kooringa .

Listed under her was Emily BROWN aged 20 also going to Mrs Manvil. I cannot say if they were together. The Reg numbers are different Lanolee was 376 Emily was 511/659

Also on the ship were

Reg no 636

One listing as BROWN one as BOURNE

William 46 Mason
Sarah 48
Sarah A 10 brought out by "Mr Taylor" Reg no 636

Then Reg 636

BOURNE Robert 16 Mason
BOURNE Fredr 14 Mason brough out by "Mr Allen"

Reg 632

BROWN William 29 or 27 (two ages on different pages) Pick and Shovel Lab
BROWN Emma 34 I think they were "Mr Taylor" also

Reg 633

BROWN John 24 Pick and Shovel Lab brought out by "Thomas Bell"

Reg 558/672

BROWN Francis 18 Masons Lab brought out by "Thomas Bell"

Reg 333/668

BROWN Abraham 22 Farm Lab
BROWN Sarah 23
BROWN Mary E Infant

All were listed as English but alas no real clues if any were likely connected to Lanowlee, certainly none with the same reg no.

Cheers Kris  :)

All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Tiggersmum

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 20 April 10 14:41 BST (UK) »
Thanks Kris.  This family is proving to be a right pain :P  Your help is very much appreciated.
Regards
Tigger

Offline Sarnia

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Sunday 06 June 10 21:43 BST (UK) »
Hallo I read Tiggersmum was looking for information on Lanowlee Mary Quick nee Chinnery, she was my grandmother, born in Adelaide 1882 died Guernsey 1971. I know very little about her Australian family. Tom was her eldest brother and there was Ray, Alec, Dolly, May, possibly a Herbert as this seems to be a strong family name? Her mother was Lanowlee Hillsey Brown.

Kind regards, Sarnia

Offline Tiggersmum

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday 07 June 10 15:54 BST (UK) »
Good to hear from you Sarnia.   You will see how much information Krisesjoint was kind enough to provide on the Australian Chinnery family and no doubt this will be most useful to you.  I presume then that James William Quick was your grandfather?  I am hoping my research is correct  and that he was the son of my great uncle James Quick 1859 and Hannah Pavey 1860.  James 1859 tragically died on 31 12.1897 after being hit by a shunting engine in the sidings near the Devonshire Street crossing on the GWR, he was 39.  Does this tie in with you?   Are you on Genes?
Regards
Tigger

Offline Sarnia

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Monday 07 June 10 19:40 BST (UK) »
Hallo Tigger,
 I know virtually nothing about James William Quick ,( mother Hannah Pavey )  my grandfather except he was the manager of the Great Western Railway Company in Guernsey, which seems ironic when I learn how is father died. He died very young as well aged 38 years old, June 6th 1926 at  The Town Hospital in Guernsey leaving Gran ( Lanowlee Mary ) with three teenagers. James 1910 the eldest, Dorothy  Hannah 1912  ( Mum ) and Herbert, who  died in his forties  in Stockport England, leaving Auntie Doll with six children to bring up. My knowledge of my family is very sketchy as I came sixteen years after my sister and fourteen years after my brother, so I was brought up in an aging family, now there is no one to ask.

No I am not on Genes. Your great uncle is my great grandfather!

Kind regards, Sarnia