Author Topic: McHale of Crossmalina  (Read 8509 times)

Offline notbob47

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: McHale of Crossmalina
« Reply #9 on: Monday 23 June 14 22:13 BST (UK) »
KTwigg,

We did get to Crossmolina in early June 2013 where we met with Robert Marsh, who lives on Erris Street in Crossmolina.  Robert had a sister Mary who is deceased.  I believe his great-grandfather was also named Robert Marsh who would have been Catherine and Margret's brother.  In an effort to help you piece this together, I do know that Catherine's father's name was John Marsh.  I hope this helps.

I'm interested in learning more about the McHale line from Amy J if she would be willing to connect on this site.  Thank you.

Offline KTwigg

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 24 June 14 02:07 BST (UK) »
Hi There NotBob47

That's great! We would all be distantly related then! I sent a note to Amy. Let's see if she contacts you here... If not, I have her email address. Keep me posted, KTwigg

PS: where do you live now?

Offline notbob47

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 24 June 14 21:05 BST (UK) »
KTwigg,

I think that you and my wife are second cousins, twice removed.  It's not that far a 'distance.' 

Thank you for contacting Amy. We hope to hear from her.

We live in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.  And you?

Offline KTwigg

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 26 June 14 18:23 BST (UK) »
Hi NotBob47,

I live on Long Island, 60 miles east of New York City. My Twigg(s) family line spent at least 3 generations in County Mayo, Ireland, then came to the USA to join the McHale family near Scranton, PA in 1884, however they didn't like the harsh winter. They were passing through Brooklyn, NYC on their way back to Ireland, but liked it there, so they stayed. in 1955, my parents moved to Long Island, and here I am, now a grandfather here.

Amy is from the line of Peter McHale, by the way. You should hear from her soon.

I am not sure if they allow this or not, but my email address is kevtwi@aol.com  .
KTwigg