Author Topic: Fife Scotland LDS Center and Library  (Read 73204 times)

Offline Fifer

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Fife Scotland LDS Center and Library
« on: Monday 17 May 04 15:34 BST (UK) »
       :D :D :D :D :D :D  ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) :D :D :D :D :D :D

Hi Everyone
As of Next Tuesday (5th of Jue 2007) can now start doing the lookups again.
I go everyweek  to the lds on a tuesday if anyone would like a lookup done.
they have CERTIFICATES to view from 1855-1881 and also the Scottish Birth Marriage and Death index from 1855-1955 this covers all of Scotland

Also 1841-1891 Census for Fife and for most of scotland
if you require a lookup on any census except the 1881-1891 please give me the place were they would be on the census as i cant do blancket searches it would take to long. Also if you require a Lanarkshire lookup like GLASGOW could you please give a possible street or parish there is alot of films for glasgow and it justs takes to long to go through   Sorry but this Lds Center doesnt have records for Inverneshire and Nairnshire . List of Census Area they have

All of Fife Scotland
Aberdeen
Angus
Lanarkshire
Midlothian
Perthshire
West Lothian
Stirlingshire

If you require a look up of the 1881 i have this at home so can lookup anywere know problem.

the 1891 census has an index so can look up a name if you are not sure were they might be.

1901 Census

If anyone needs a 1901 lookup i can do that at the local library for Fife but this will only be for fife and as it doesnt have an index you need to give me alot of info because i wont be able to do blanket searches for names.

If you require a 1901 census lookup please staight this in your reply

So need as much info you can give me.

They also have Fife Old Parish records but need as much info on this as you can give me.
Also have Irish Marriages from 1845 app there isnt any earlier than this so dont ask for any further back than this date  and please give a date i will lookup 2 years either way .
Angela(Fifer) :)
Barclay,baxter,Cook,Cowie,Dryburgh,Hughes,Morris,Murray,Simpson,Westwater from Fife Scotland.

Hatton,Roscoe,Smith,Ellison,Hardy,Harding,Holmes,Randles, Fishwick from Wirral Cheshire,

Barnett,Hempsall,Humphrey,Ward,Wrench  from Lincolnshire

Hartshorne,Wilson,Brass,Dodds,Hunter from Durham

Offline ~meg

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re:Fife Scotland LDS Center
« Reply #1 on: Monday 17 May 04 20:10 BST (UK) »
Fifer, Your generous offer of lookups is very much appreciated!  I'd like a lookup request on the 1841 Fife Census, if possible, for a Morris family:
Henry Morris, b.c1817, Abdie.
Janet Morris, wife
Euphemia, daughter, b.1837, Dunino.

Hope this is enough info?
meg
"Assiduus usus uni rei deditus et ingenium et artem saepe vincit"

Offline Fifer

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 19 May 04 10:36 BST (UK) »
Hi Meg
Do you have any idea were they might be on the 1841 census as it would be easier to search for them.
 I will be going to book into the lds tommorow so will have a look for you then and get back to you as soon as i find something.

Angela
Barclay,baxter,Cook,Cowie,Dryburgh,Hughes,Morris,Murray,Simpson,Westwater from Fife Scotland.

Hatton,Roscoe,Smith,Ellison,Hardy,Harding,Holmes,Randles, Fishwick from Wirral Cheshire,

Offline ~meg

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 19 May 04 19:57 BST (UK) »
Angela, Hopefully they will be in either Abdie or Dunino, but I can't be sure.  Please don't go to any length looking for them as I do realize that I haven't really given enough for you to go on.  meg

Offline Chris in 1066Land

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • "Forever Searching, Forever Learning"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 19 May 04 20:55 BST (UK) »
Hi fifer

Perhaps you may be able to help me with a query please.

William married in Macclesfield, Cheshire in 1830, but he lost his wife in childbirth in 1848; two weeks later losing his son as well - so he upped and left Macclesfield and went to Southwell Notts where his eldest daughter was now living and working in Maythorne Silk Mill as a twister.
But I then found a second marriage for him and a new wife as follows:

Parish Register - Glasgow Old Parish
1850 13th February :
William Swarbrooke, silk throwster in Glasgow & Margaret Wylie
residing there married 1st Feb by John Graham, Independent
Minister in Glasgow.

A son James was born to them in 1852 at Paisley in Scotland (site of a silk mill?) so it is probably safe to assume that they were there for the 1851 census, but I know he was back in Southwell, Notts when a daughter Sarah was born 28th December 1856.

Is it possible that you could possibly find an entry in the Scottish 1851 census, possibly Paisley or district.

I would be most gratefull

Chris in 1066Land
One of Rootschats Founder Members RIP 1942-2021
Living at the Heart of English History in 1066Land. 
www.Rootschat.com/history/hastings

Swarbrooke Family Heritage
https://swarbrooke.co.uk

Own Ancestral Website:    http://maythornemill.webs.com                                          
Monumental Sculptures Website:    http://Tombstones.webs.com

Local History Site: http://zouch.webs.com
Baldslow Local History site
http://web.archive.org/web/20140626153455/http://www

Offline Fifer

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 20 May 04 08:15 BST (UK) »
Hi Meg,Chris

I will check for both of you when up at the lds today will let you know later today if i have any luck finding them.

Angela

Offline Fifer

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 20 May 04 16:18 BST (UK) »
Hi Meg and Chris

Sorry there wasabit of a problem with the lds today and they had to close.
So it will be next week before i can check them for you .

Sorry Again

Angela

Offline ~meg

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 20 May 04 16:26 BST (UK) »
Fifer, No apologies needed!  Will wait to hear at your convenience.  Thanks again for this kind offer.  meg

Offline floridagirl

• RootsChat Member
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 20 May 04 22:47 BST (UK) »
Hi Angela,
Just wondered if you would be able to look up anything in Falkirk if I send you the details. I have trawled through countless Scottish Records for a marriage for my aunts ancestors because her great grandparents were both born in Falkirk, and she reckoned they married up there before they moved to Liverpool (she didn't know when) I eventually found that they married in Liverpool ( I came across it by chance when I was looking for a marriage on my own side) She wants to find the births her great grandparents and has a good idea of when they were born.
I would appreciate any help
Thanks
Viv ::) ::)
Norris, O'Donnell, McGuinness, Evans, Hendry, Thomas, Perry, Duxbury, Hudson, Guest, Robinson, Shewan, Fullam, Williams, Henderson, Gaffney, Brookes, Bird, Bruffell, Baron, Hase, Jones, Tomkins