Author Topic: Fife Scotland LDS Center and Library  (Read 73202 times)

Offline netparsley

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Fife Scotland LDS Center and Library
« Reply #252 on: Saturday 11 October 08 09:20 BST (UK) »
Hi Fifer,
Could you please look for the following people in the 1841 and 1851 census.

James Mitchel and Mary Mitchel (Hossack) from Penecuik.
They had children Elizabeth born 1813, Mary Show born 1815, Joan born 1817, Lydia born 1819 Jamima born 1822, Thomas born 1823 and Robina born 1826.

My line descends through Robina Mitchel who married Patrick Murphy in 1841 Glasgow Scotland. Could you check for their marriage?

I would be grateful for any help,
Regards,
Annette from Australia
Mees, Meese, Shaw, Bache
Netherton, Brierley Hill, Kingswinford, Cradley, Dudley

Offline Talia

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Fife Scotland LDS Center and Library
« Reply #253 on: Friday 28 August 09 11:23 BST (UK) »
Hi Fifer, I noted in your kind offer to do lookups that you have Irish Marriages, and was wondering if you have any marriages for the County Tyrone area.  If so, and your offer is still open could you have a look to see if you have a marriage for Patrick Grimley to Teresa Fernan/Fearon/Farren on 6th Feb 1883 in Donaghmore, Co.Tyrone.

Many thanks
Talia
Robertson, Hamilton, Morrison, Napier, Henderson, Frew: Kilsyth Stirlingshire Scotland.
Grimley: Ireland Co.Tyrone & Glasgow Scotland
Mcaulay: Isle of Lewis, Stornoway, Glasgow Scotland
Bernard: Bo'ness, Scotland
Clement & Taylor: Auchterarder, Perthshire, Scotland

Offline Laufi

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re:Fife Scotland LDS Center and Library
« Reply #254 on: Wednesday 05 September 12 01:50 BST (UK) »
Hi Everyone

I am very new to this so am not sure that I am posting correctly.  I would like to make contact with Jo3 regarding the post below regarding John Pitblade.  The post is dated 2004 - any suggestions how I might have some success in following up?

Kind regards
Laufi

Hi
Thank you for your look-up offer.  I know it takes a lot of time, as I do a little myself but I find it very rewarding.  have had a problem for some time now as my ancestor appears to have been born in Fifeshire about 1729 according to his obituary in the local paper.  His name was John Pitblade or Pitbladdy or Pladdy (Pronunciation has produced many variations and he was a gardener at Millom Castle - his first child in Cumberland was down as Andrew Peart Bloddy!)  This child was baptised 27 December 1861 in Millom, to John and Jane, but Jane was also known as Jenny Pladdy - again quoted from her obituary, though her age wasn't given.  The nearest to age in the IGI baptisms for a John Pitblade is 1725 and I know that some are not on the IGI and that the ages do not always tally.  If you have time could you check any BT's for this.   Thank you
Jo3