Author Topic: Fife Scotland LDS Center and Library  (Read 73201 times)

Offline Chris in 1066Land

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • "Forever Searching, Forever Learning"
    • View Profile
Re:Fife Scotland LDS Center
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 20 May 04 23:08 BST (UK) »
Hi Fifer

Thats no problem

Details have not been known for more than 150 years - so whats 7 more days.

Chris in 1066Land
One of Rootschats Founder Members RIP 1942-2021
Living at the Heart of English History in 1066Land. 
www.Rootschat.com/history/hastings

Swarbrooke Family Heritage
https://swarbrooke.co.uk

Own Ancestral Website:    http://maythornemill.webs.com                                          
Monumental Sculptures Website:    http://Tombstones.webs.com

Local History Site: http://zouch.webs.com
Baldslow Local History site
http://web.archive.org/web/20140626153455/http://www

Offline Fifer

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 21 May 04 10:44 BST (UK) »
Hi Viv
yes i would be glad to help just sned me details and i will look them up for you when i can.

Angela
Barclay,baxter,Cook,Cowie,Dryburgh,Hughes,Morris,Murray,Simpson,Westwater from Fife Scotland.

Hatton,Roscoe,Smith,Ellison,Hardy,Harding,Holmes,Randles, Fishwick from Wirral Cheshire,

Barnett,Hempsall,Humphrey,Ward,Wrench  from Lincolnshire

Hartshorne,Wilson,Brass,Dodds,Hunter from Durham

Offline Fifer

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 02 June 04 12:38 BST (UK) »
Hi viv
Do you still need that lookup done let me know before tommorow if you do as ill be going to lds tommorow.

For Everyone still waiting on a reply i will be looking for the information for you tommorow sorry for the delay ive had a busy week with helping my sister move to a new house.But will definatly go tommorow so will post any replys i have tommorow afternoon,evening

Fifer
Barclay,baxter,Cook,Cowie,Dryburgh,Hughes,Morris,Murray,Simpson,Westwater from Fife Scotland.

Hatton,Roscoe,Smith,Ellison,Hardy,Harding,Holmes,Randles, Fishwick from Wirral Cheshire,

Offline Patches

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 02 June 04 16:24 BST (UK) »
Can you help with my McNalty man, I've tried everywhere on net including Scotlandspeople but Fife records seem hard to find.  The man I'm looking for was my great great grandfather, the details I have are:

John McNalty
Army discharge papers say born in Parish of Lochgelly Fife, attested at Edinburgh on 9 July 1879 for the Royal Engineers at the age of 20 3/12 years.  He was discharged 8 July 1891 in Chatham Kent.
His marriage cert says his father was Alexander McNalty.
His sons marriage cert says John's middle names are Henry Patten but Army and his marriage cert show his name as just John McNalty.

I've tried everywhere I can think of to find him or his father but have had no luck.

If you can help with any info on him or know of any sites which cover Fife I would be most grateful, thank you.
Kent - Jones, Wigley, Rigden, Philpott, Perry, Irwin, Booker, Durling, Saker, Venner, Nutting, Giles, McNalty, Burley, Crowhurst, Ford & Roots,
Sussex - Badcock,  Barden, Barham, Bridger, Carey, Courthope, Crampton, Ford, Wright, Dadswell, Okill, Elliott, Hepden, Jarrett, Foster, Marchant, Selmes and Warnett
Fife/Mayo - McNalty
Bucks - Folley & Spufford

Offline Fifer

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 03 June 04 16:33 BST (UK) »
Hi meg
had a look for your morris but im afraid there isnt a 1841 for abdie that was one of the places that went down on the ship there wasabout 6 other places as well as abdie that there isnt the 1841 .
I also checked Dunino but there wasnt any sign of them

Sorry

Fifer

Offline Fifer

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 03 June 04 16:35 BST (UK) »
Hi Chris
Checked Paisley 1851 Census For you but couldnt findthem on either of the films for paisley started to check Glascow itself with the parents being married there but there id 5 films for that district so it may take a while to find them.

Fifer

Offline Fifer

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 03 June 04 16:42 BST (UK) »
Hi Patches

Had a look for your John Mcnalty could only find 2 johns born Lochgelly for the right time going that you said he was 20 when he joined the army in 1879 but none of them have a father Alexander.

Both entries i found

Were

John Mcknolty  Born  24 MAr 1824 1858  Lochgelly
Father John Mcknolty and Margaret Kelly

And John Mcnolty  Born 19 MAr 1859 Lochgelly  Father Anthony Mcknolty/Margaret Linch.

that was all i could find i could look again next week for you i checked for 1857 as well there was none there.

Let me know if you require the rest of the details of the above it will be just awritten copy of them though as the lds doesnt have there machines fixed to a printer

Fifer

Offline ~meg

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 03 June 04 18:02 BST (UK) »
re Morris Lookup on Census:
Fifer,
Thanks for looking.  Appreciate your time and generousity.  meg
"Assiduus usus uni rei deditus et ingenium et artem saepe vincit"

Offline Fifer

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 03 June 04 21:10 BST (UK) »
Hi Patches
While Searching the Death Index on Rootsweb
I came across the following death Entry dont know if you already have it as you didnt say but thought i would post it anyway

John patten Mcnalty
Death 1892 Dec Quar  Kent
no 2a  326

If you send for this it may give you his mothersname which may be something else i can go on up here

hope this is some help

Angela