Author Topic: Beauchamp and Cabot of Jersey *Completed*  (Read 8393 times)

Offline HistoryFan

• RootsChat Member
  • My Great Grandmother
    • View Profile
Re: Beauchamp and Cabot of Jersey *Completed*
« Reply #9 on: Friday 20 August 10 20:45 BST (UK) »
Yes we are from the same family!

I noticed that Arthur Beauchamp and his wife Florence were also in Portsmouth at the time of the 1911 Census.

John Beauchamp married Jane Phillips Collings (who was born in St Blazey, St Austell Cornwall in the Dec Qtr of 1842) on 11/1/1863 at the Town Church, St Peter Port Guernsey

Here are the other siblings names

Children of John and Jane Beauchamp (All Born St Peter Port Guernsey)

Jane Phillips Beauchamp Born 14/11/1863 Smith St   Married John Dennis, Michael Locke

John James Beauchamp Born 1/6/1865 Les Canichers   Married Mary Richet

Mary Beauchamp Born 1866 Les Canichers         She is not on 1871 Census.  Died?

Thomas Richard Beauchamp Born 8/5/1867 Les Canichers   Emigrated to Australia after 1891

Hannah Eliza Beauchamp Born 25/11/1868 Les Canichers   Did she ever marry?  (some records call her Anne but she was actually a Hannah)

William Henry Beauchamp Born 11/9/1873 Les Canichers   Married Mary Ingrouille (younger brother Charles married Mary Ingrouille's sister Alice Ingrouille)

Frank Herbert Beauchamp Born 20/5/1875 Les Canichers   Died 5/7/1875 St John Street

Ellen Mary Beauchamp Born 8/5/1876 Les Canichers   Died 3/6/1879 Pollet (Whooping Cough)

Charles Francois Beauchamp Born 12/9/1878 Le Pollet   Emigrated to Canada

Florence Lily Beauchamp Born 3/11/1879 Le Pollet      Married Arthur Couch

Nellie Collings Beauchamp Born 22/6/1880 Le Pollet    Died 29/8/1880 Pollet (Diarrohea)

Arthur Collings Beauchamp Born 26/8/1881 Burnt Lane   Married Florence Harris

George Harold Beauchamp Born 24/7/1885 Havelet St   Joined the Navy

I would happily email you the information I have on the Beauchamp's so far.  I think you need to have made 5 posts on this site to be able to use the Personal Message facility - then you can give me your email addy if you wish and I can send you my data.

Kind Regards
Karen
Holmes, Loveridge, Le Cheminant, White, Camp, Dennis, Beauchamp, Allen, Green, Legg, Symes, Mitchell, Rowe, Robin, Robert, Romeril, Cardinale

Offline stuartjellis

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 20 August 10 23:59 BST (UK) »
dear karen.....many many thanks!.....the WILLIAM HENRY BEAUCHAMP who is shown on all of the census returns as born in 1874  (YOU TELL ME 11/9/1873) married MARIE ADA INGROUILLE.yes!!!....THEY are my mother,s grandparents who came to 45 Lucknow Street,Landport,Portsmouth (since demolished)a little before the 1911 census.Mum thinks her mum was 6 or 7 when they left GUERNSEY (1909/1910)Their youngest child VIOLET ALICE BEAUCHAMP is my mum,s mother!She lived to be almost 90 and was a wonderful nana to me.I am 55 years old and knew her until I was in my mid thirties.
I have several original family photos of my great grandparents William and Marie Beauchamp and others of various Ingrouille family members taken on Guernsey between 1930 and 1950,s which may be of interest to you.,including BERT INGROUILLE.So all of this seems to show clearly that William Henry Beauchamp(my great grandfather) was himself the grandson of JOHN BEAUCAMP (without the "h"!) who was born on Jersey in 1812.......it is now very clear to all of us that my mum,s cousin who lives in Hampshire and who is himself the son of HENRY JOHN BEAUCHAMP b.1901 (known by us as Uncle Harry/my grandmother,s brother!) is called .....JOHN BEAUCHAMP! I am extremely grateful for your help and am interested to know which of my great grandfather,s brothers or sisters is your direct relation.Sadly my own mother has suffered 2 strokes and is sometimes a little confused about the Guernsey past but she has been very helpful too! Marie Ada Beauchamp(nee Ingrouille) took my mum (her grand daughter ) back to GUERNSEY after the war (again photos available) and they stayed at HILLMOUNT above PETIT BOT BAY where my grandmother (violet) spent her childhood.Hillmount was the home of Harry (probably HENRY) INGROUILLE and his wife Edith,Harry being Marie Ada Ingrouille,s (BEAUCHAMP) brother.My own parents spent their honeymoon there with the Ingrouille family in 1951.
I am away in France for the next week but hope you will stay in touch and shed yet more light on our connection......sincerely Stuart

Offline HistoryFan

• RootsChat Member
  • My Great Grandmother
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 21 August 10 00:25 BST (UK) »
This is all very interesting indeed.  I would love to see the photos of the family.

William Henry Beauchamp's oldest sister Jane Phillips Beauchamp (born 1863) is my direct ancestor.

Jane married John Dennis and one of their daughters Nellie Dennis was my Great Grandmother.  I have a photograph of Jane with her children.

She remarried as her husband John Dennis died young and had more children with her second husband Michael Locke.

Jane's sister Hannah Eliza Beauchamp was living with Jane and her family at the time of the 1891 Census and the 1901 Census

1891 Census at First Tower Lane St Peter Port Guernsey
John Mattacott Dennis (30) B 1861 General Labourer Born England
Jane Phillips Dennis (27) B 1864 B St Peter Port Guernsey (nee Beauchamp)
Elizabeth Louisa Dennis (6) B 1885 Daughter B St Peter Port Guernsey
Nellie Gertrude Dennis (4) B 1887 Daughter B St Peter Port Guernsey
Lillian M M Dennis (3) B 1888 Daughter B St Peter Port Guernsey
Jane Adelaide Dennis (1) B 1890 Daughter B St Peter Port Guernsey
Hannah Mabel Dennis (2mths) Daughter B St Peter Port Guernsey
Hannah Eliza Beauchamp (22) B 1869 Sister in Law B St Peter Port Guernsey

1901 Census at 2, Beechworth Place ,First Tower Lane, St Peter Port, Guernsey

Michael John Locke (37) B 1864 Stone Dresser Born Queenstown Ireland (Census says age 57 in error)
Jane Beauchamp Locke (37) B 1864 Wife B St Peter Port Guernsey
Lillian M M Dennis (13) B 1888 Step Daughter B St Peter Port Guernsey
Jane A Dennis (11) B 1890 Step Daughter B St Peter Port Guernsey
Hannah Mabel Dennis (10) B 1891 Step Daughter B St Peter Port Guernsey
Ernest William Dennis (8) B 1893 Step Son B St Peter Port Guernsey
Lena Elizabeth Locke (4mths) B 1901 Daughter B St Peter Port Guernsey
Hannah Eliza Beauchamp (32) B 1869 Visitor, Dressmaker B St Peter Port Guernsey (Jane’s sister)
Henry J Beauchamp (5) B 1896 Visitor B St Peter Port Guernsey

Have a good time in France and look forward to exchanging further information with you.

Holmes, Loveridge, Le Cheminant, White, Camp, Dennis, Beauchamp, Allen, Green, Legg, Symes, Mitchell, Rowe, Robin, Robert, Romeril, Cardinale

Offline henery

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 30 August 10 17:35 BST (UK) »
Hi Everyone
Hope I am not breaking into anyones personal details on this subject but I have been looking for details of a Walter Couch who married my wife's Aunt Margaret Price. After some investigation I found  Walter Richard Couch
born 18-9-1906 St Peter Port Guernsey.
Further research gave his father Arthur Charles Couch B1876 St Peter Port Guernsey who married a Florence Lily Beauchamp. This seems to match the above subject and I was wondering if anyone can help me find out more of Walter's and Margaret's life. I believe he died and Margaret returned to the mainland where she was born.
I see that the subject has been completed so should I start a new post on this?
Henery ??? ??? ???
Green,Price,Burt,Jenkins,Dines,Hobbs,Rhodes,Herring,Couch,Walter,Hopkins,Coten,Deacon,Spencer

Offline HistoryFan

• RootsChat Member
  • My Great Grandmother
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 30 August 10 20:58 BST (UK) »
Hello Henery,

Yes this is the same family line.  Walter Richard Couch was (to my knowledge) the 4th child of Arthur and Florence Couch (nee Beauchamp), but Walter's birth date, occupation as a Grocer and his date of death in Guernsey on 22 October 1967 are my entire knowledge of him.

I wonder if it may be easier to start a new thread on the Couch line for more responses?.

I would be interested to know more also.

Offline henery

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 31 August 10 19:46 BST (UK) »
Thanks Historyfan
That info confirms the tree I am following.
The date of death is invaluable.
I will start a new thread under Couch and see if I can locate where Margaret married Walter.
Thanks again for reply.
Regards
Henery :) :) :)
Green,Price,Burt,Jenkins,Dines,Hobbs,Rhodes,Herring,Couch,Walter,Hopkins,Coten,Deacon,Spencer