Author Topic: Wyse/Nealon marriage  (Read 2569 times)

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: Wyse/Nealon marriage
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 20 February 10 16:54 GMT (UK) »
It might be worth trying a detailed search of the civil index for the marriage using variations in spelling etc, in case that the names were spelt in some unexpected way, or indexed incorrectly. Or maybe one of them used a middle name in late life...

There's only about 30 Wyse/Wise marriages (male & female) around 1911 in all Ireland.. and none of the first names look anything like Daniel or Dan etc

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 20 February 10 16:57 GMT (UK) »
There's only 1 Daniel Wyse listed in 1911 census- has wife Margaret an 6 children and lives in Waterford so doesn't look like the right one:
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Waterford/Waterford_No__3_Urban/Slievekeale/673931/
No results for 'Daniel Wise.'
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline wiserriser

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 08 April 10 18:43 BST (UK) »
TO GORETTI, who last posted on feb28th 2010. goretti my grand parents were also named daniel wise/ kate nealon ? they had 4 children= patrick (pa)  michael john (bonker)  daniel (donie)  mary (lady)  patricks wife i think was named annie ? hailed from nenagh co. tippeary.  they had a daughter named thersea. if this info rings a bell to anyone who has contact with please relay this info to her as it is very important. hopefully goretti will make contact with me.  thank you.
I am sorry but my emails are not working.

Offline wiserriser

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
re/wise/nealon
« Reply #12 on: Friday 09 April 10 21:38 BST (UK) »
 ???  goretti if you get this message i'am not maureen ?

Offline wiserriser

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: re/wise/nealon
« Reply #13 on: Friday 09 April 10 21:43 BST (UK) »
 :-*  goretti, i'am resident in cork city ireland, and am sure we are 1st cousins. so if you receive this post stay in contact please.

Offline suzard

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: re/wise/nealon
« Reply #14 on: Friday 09 April 10 21:43 BST (UK) »
Hello

The best way to contact goretti would be by PM

When you have made 3 posts you can use this facility

Suz
Thornhill, Cresswell, Sisson, Harriman, Cripps, Eyre, Walter, Marson, Battison, Holmes, Bailey, Hardman, Fairhurst Noon-mainly in Derbys/Notts-but also Northampton, Oxford, Leics, Lancs-England
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline sezzle

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 19 March 24 23:02 GMT (UK) »
My great grandma was Bridget Wyse, her mother was called Mary -maiden name Ryan.
Bridget had a brother called Daniel and they were from Limerick.
Might be a link there if they were visiting

I dont have any info on the ryans or on Daniel other than the 1901 census that has him living on
Williams Lane, Limerick No. 6,

Definately not in England at anytime even though all their children did emigrate here in the late 1930's. Children birth certs alter from Wyse to Wise and the mother changes from Nealon to nealeagh.

When I visited Lower Gerald Griffin st 3 years ago a woman told me that the Wyse(Wises) did live there along with the Ryans and they all moved to the Sic Skellig Rd?

Thank you so much for all your help I am shooting in the dark here. I will research a little more.

Regards

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 21 March 24 09:34 GMT (UK) »

You have posted on a 14 year old thread and the OP (goretti) hasn't been online here since January 2013.

I dont have any info on the ryans or on Daniel other than the 1901 census that has him living on
Williams Lane, Limerick No. 6,

Link-

1901 census
House 1 in Williams Lane (Limerick No. 6, Limerick).
https://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Limerick/Limerick_No__6/Williams_Lane/1500622/
https://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/reels/nai000998322/

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline sezzle

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 21 March 24 12:18 GMT (UK) »
yes i realised that after i had posted, but thankyou for taking the time to point it out to me.