Author Topic: arklow  (Read 7015 times)

Offline dasher

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
arklow
« on: Saturday 10 April 10 09:56 BST (UK) »
Hi,
I have just found from the I.G.I. that my 3x grandparents where born in Arklow.Richard Jones was christened 19/07/1789 parents William and Elizabeth. Johanna Flynn was baptised 1850 parents unknown. I have just noticed that next to Johanna's entry it has death 1850.Does that mean she died in Ireland as they got married 12/12//1820 at St Clement Danes London,
Any help would be much appreciated.
Dasher

Offline agho

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: arklow
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 10 April 10 10:43 BST (UK) »
This record on the IGI (Johnanna b. 1800 d. 1850?) was submitted by a subscriber and not extracted from a database so you would want to verify the information elsewhere. It does not say where Johanna died so may not be Ireland. You may be able to track down the submitter on the IGI to see where they got their info. Have you looked in UK records for her death?
Burns Scotland/Australia/Cork
Fitzgerald East Cork
Lynch Glanmire/Glounthaune
Walsh Clare/Westmeath
Haskett
Murley Cork

Offline dasher

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 10 April 10 19:17 BST (UK) »
Hi Agho,
Thanks for the advice.I hadn't thought of doing that. I will check it out.
Dasher

Offline dasher

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 10 April 10 19:40 BST (UK) »
Hi Agho,
An entry in FreeBMD shows a death for Johanna Jones !850 Stepney which could be her.It also give the Transcriber but no means of contacting her.I found no info in the IGI about the transcriber
Dasher

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 10 April 10 19:54 BST (UK) »
Hi Agho,
An entry in FreeBMD shows a death for Johanna Jones !850 Stepney which could be her.It also give the Transcriber but no means of contacting her......

If you have detail from freebmd relating to a death in England or Wales you have to use these to order a cert from GRO UK, to see further details  - see : http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/  The transcribers only had access to the Index, and do not have have any further information on the records.

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline dasher

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 13 April 10 17:28 BST (UK) »
Hi Shane,
Thanks for that advice.
Dasher