Author Topic: Muster Roll for Harrold, 1803 - John PRATT - **COMPLETED**  (Read 3650 times)

Offline johnxyz

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Muster Roll for Harrold, 1803 - John PRATT - **COMPLETED**
« on: Sunday 11 April 10 18:23 BST (UK) »
I'm trying to confirm an age and hence dob for John PRATT of Harrold, children bapt 1798 - 1810, wife Mary. He may be the John PRATT buried 1828 "aged 60" but that does not tie up with the only possible John PRATT baptised in Harrold in 1774.   

Is anyone able to check if he features in the 1803 muster roll for Harrold, and if so what's his age and how many children?

The only location I know that holds a copy is the Bedford Archive.

John

Offline bedfordshire boy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Muster Roll for Harrold, 1803 - John PRATT
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 11 April 10 19:12 BST (UK) »
John Pratt carpenter 34, 3 children under 10, Class 4

He looks suspiciously like the John buried in 1828

I'd like to suggest the one baptised in 1774 might have been a late baptism, but I don't think he was as his parents didn't marry until Dec 1773

What's his parish of residence at marriage? Some of my Harrold ancestors hopped back and forth across the county boundary with Northants, which is only a mile away.

David
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Beds:   Cople: Luke/Spencer
            Everton: Hale
            Henlow: Cooper/Watts/Sabey/Rook
            Potton:  Merrill
            Southill: Faulkner/Litchfield/Sabey/Rook
            Woburn/Husborne Crawley: Surkitt
Hunts:   Gt Gransden: Merrill/Chandler/Medlock
            Toseland: Surkitt/Hedge/Corn         
Cambs: Bourn: Bowd
            Eltisley: Medlock
            Graveley: Ford/Revell

Offline johnxyz

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Muster Roll for Harrold, 1803 - John PRATT *COMPLTETED*
« Reply #2 on: Monday 12 April 10 10:24 BST (UK) »
Many thanks for the quick reply.

His marriage (possibly marriages) are also a problem.

The children of John & Mary at Harrold were all baptised on the first Sunday in July - 1798, 1802, 1806, 1808, 1810. However I can't find a John PRATT & Mary marriage. There's also an earlier child of John PRATT and Elizabeth baptised first Sunday in July 1794! That's Elizabeth White, marriage 29Aug1793 Harrold. Again it was starting  to look not a little odd  against birth date. And I can't find a relevant death of Elizabeth PRATT in Harrold.

However, the muster roll gives 3 children under 10.   If the PR record is complete, I can only get to 3 by including the 1794 child.

Given a birth date of around 1768/69, I need to look at the son of Francis PRATT bapt Goldington, especially since there is a Francis Pratt buried Harrold aged 87 in 1827

John