Author Topic: Pit disaster 1930  (Read 5126 times)

Offline lon

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
corneilius hupton
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 13 April 10 18:35 BST (UK) »
Hi Delta59, Judy here. I did find corneilius grave, he was buried along with other miners who were killed. I have pics that I will post. take care Love Judy

Offline lon

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Pit disaster 1930
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 13 April 10 18:43 BST (UK) »
Hi Delta59, Judy here. I did visit corneilius grave site, in Princeton B.C. I have a photo, which I will post soon. Hope to talk to u soon, I am still in B.C. and live about 2 hurs from Princeton, but hard to get there in winter as the mountain passes get very icy, but will v
be going again in a couple of weeks. I actually feel I have family near me,(grandad cornelius) take care Love Judy

Offline kimh123

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 23 April 10 23:10 BST (UK) »
Robert Owen Hampson married Susan Garret (nee Hinman).  Susan left Robert and moved in with her sister and brother-in-law.  The brother-in-law was a Cawley.  She lived with them for 10 years with her children, and her husband's children from his first wife may have been raised by another Cawley relative.
Does any of that sound familiar?
Hi Andarah!
My great grandmother Eliza lived with Robert Owen Hampson and is listed with him on the 1891 census.  We have never found a marriage record for them.  He later married Susan Garret.  Eliza's death cert has her as Eliza Hollingsworth (nee Cottier) "widow of Thomas Hollingsworth a Ship Captain".  Her children were Owen, Jane, Philip...all listed on birth certs with Robert as the father. All three later in life used the name Hollingsworth...very confusing..Have you heard of this by chance?

Offline bmdoy82

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 08 September 10 21:02 BST (UK) »
Hi Del,

I believe Cornelius Hupton is my great Uncle. He was my great grandad Charles Henry Hupton's Brother and I would like to find out more about this side .

I am not sure how to reply to any messages that you have sent me.

Cheers
bmd

Offline delta59

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 09 September 10 09:22 BST (UK) »
Hello bmd

I think we have 'spoken' on Ancestry?

Del
Latham - Leigh, Rivington
Hupton - Staffordshire, Tyldesley, Atherton, Leigh
Meredith - Cefn Mawr, Tyldesley, Atherton
Strange - Westleigh
Wright - Pennington
Cawley & Hough & Hulse - Runcorn, Crewe
Bainbridge - Staffordshire & Durham
Peel - Upholland & St Helens
Hurst - Leigh
Duffy - Ireland
Poulton - Wales

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census Crown © www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Thursday 09 September 10 20:17 BST (UK) »
That was really nice of you to take the photo & post the image hattieghost! Nice of you to go out of your way for someone's request...
Welcome to rootschat bmdoy82 ...we can communicate online for genealogy purposes that suit the thread, or by private message for speaking of the living...
(Just one more message posted and you'll be able to do that....) just click on the green scroll by the person's avatar .
J.J.
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner" J.J.

Canadian  census  transcribed  data  ©2005 www.AutomatedGenealogy.com