Author Topic: MAY, Castleblayney  (Read 10498 times)

Offline Maud Monaghan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: MAY, Castleblayney
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 21 July 10 01:13 BST (UK) »
Yes, Anne,I am in Ireland and originally from Castleblayney. When I found your thread I was interested as I have always had an interest in the Blayney/Hope connection with the town.I've only come to rootschat recently researching something else and checked out the Monaghan section.I have mentioned this search to my mother and she will ask around to see what she can find out for you.

What a wonderful idea to have had a son born in Castleblayney and name him after the first Lord Blayney.Where is the connection there? We'll have to research this further.I'll gladly look into this for you as I know what its like to come headlong to a wall and can't find any more information.

I'll check this out locally if I can.
Hegarty,Taylor

Offline ronnoco100

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 21 July 10 07:38 BST (UK) »
Hello Maud

It really is lovely to hear from you - I've looked at Castleblayney on the web and it looks to be a beautiful place - I think it's always been special to me even though I've never been there and even if I don't find anything out when we go then at least I will have visited a place that has a family connection

Best wishes
Anne

Offline Maud Monaghan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 21 July 10 11:23 BST (UK) »
Anne,

The shop on the cormer of West Street(Main Street now) is still there.It is now a chemist's shop but I remember it as a child when it was a grocery shop with the Malone name.Then it became a pub for a while with a restaurant upstairs.This building is on a corner and its still known today as Malone's Corner.I must see if there are any connection to the Malone family in Castleblayney today that could help with your enquiries.
Hegarty,Taylor

Offline ronnoco100

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 21 July 10 20:01 BST (UK) »
You really are lovely Maud.. I feel almost like I've been there now.. aren't you lucky to have lived in such a beautiful place.. Fingers crossed for October visit

Anne