Author Topic: Cwmcoch, Llandarrog, Carms  (Read 9903 times)

Offline syljun

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Cwmcoch, Llandarrog, Carms
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 29 November 12 08:22 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I also am trying to connect Lettice David to family and am sure she is connected to my line. Too much of coincidence. Llannon  comes into my research and I have CD of marriages of that time. Your Thomas David I suspect is brother to my 3xGrt Grandfather John David. Thomas being a family name.
I am only now returning to this family as David name changes to Davies which has made it difficult.
What info. do you exactly want as I do not have baptisms unfortunately. Stay in touch, perhaps we can sort this family out together.
I also have Llangyfelach thrown into mix.
Regards,
Syljun

Offline syljun

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 29 November 12 11:30 GMT (UK) »
Hi, Further to above a little confused. You say Thomas Thomas was son of Thomas David and Lettice.
How is Thomas a surname if child of Thomas David. Have confirmed Marriage of Thomas and Lettice from my  Marriage Disc. but unfortunately it is transcribed and not photocopied so there may be more info. on original entry which you can purchase a copy from Carmarthen Record Centre.
At that time very little info. is given but it may say the Parish where Thomas was born or residing.
The one I have of John and Elizabeth says John David of Llanarthney so interested to know if Thomas has Parish. Syljun

Offline marinerclark

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 29 November 12 16:15 GMT (UK) »
Good morning    I found the baptism on igi and family search.  child was Thomas Thomas and father was Thomas David.    Were they using patronymic system or did the Mormans assume and  record it this way.  I have one other clearly patronymic in Pembroke about 1800   So possible.
       Only were 38 hits on family search for parish   (Thomas Thomas)  and only this one for date.  I have him in census   1841 and 1851      Checks the box for out of county for birth and then in 51 everyone born Llangyfelach.  He is with wife Jemima and living with David Rogers family.  Son 13 Thomas Thomas is with a philip Richards family.
        1851   living in Morriston  have grandson Thomas Davies with them   Eleanor's son.  eleanor and husband John Davies are in Methyr.  He comes from a blacksmith/carpenter background and is working as an engine fitter at the iron works.  mother was a Grey.
        Freereg has Llangyfelach online  no Thomas Thomas around 1800.   Have I really muddled thing now or does this make sense?      Liz  P.S.  can't  find baptism for Eleanor or siblings.

CLARK Waite Ashley Gravett  Vousden Lilbourn
Daniels Marten Craft Beale Rye Sussex,
Morgan, Pranch, Rees, Thomas Llantrisant, St Fagans, St Lythans Glamorgan
Howell Glamorgan, Pembroke
Davies Glamorgan Merthyr and Llangafelach
Perkin, Beynon  Pembroke
Grey David Thomas Williams Llangyfelach Parish Glamorgan

Offline syljun

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 29 November 12 16:52 GMT (UK) »
Hi Marinerclark, We seem to have the same pattern of movement with David family. I also have a Thomas David (3xGrt Grandfather's brother bap.1802 Llandarrog marr. Anne Rees 1821 St.Elli, Llanelly)
who moved to Glamorgan. 1st Neath, then Swansea. Children scattered at Morriston and some born Llangyfelach.  Occupations in family Farmer, Ag.Lab, Blacksmiths and Masons.
Will have to dig deeper to see if any connection or just co-incidence but feel that Lettice David at Cwmcoch must be related and wonder if the Davies family mentioned earlier in post were in fact David.
Concrete evidence re. Copy entries of original BMD's are necessary before registration of 1837 to keep on right track of right family rather than rely on transcriptions and can sometimes give a small clue which is not transcribed. If anything turns up will get back to you.
Regards,
Syljun

Offline marinerclark

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 29 November 12 19:46 GMT (UK) »
Looking forward to collaboration.  I am solid back to 1840's   Pen Y Gors is place name in Llangyfelach 1841 census both Davies family and Thomas family are listed under.  Part of Mawr on Genuki.  Eleanor Thomas b. approx 1823 and john Davies use penygors as residence on 1844 marriage cert.   Liz
CLARK Waite Ashley Gravett  Vousden Lilbourn
Daniels Marten Craft Beale Rye Sussex,
Morgan, Pranch, Rees, Thomas Llantrisant, St Fagans, St Lythans Glamorgan
Howell Glamorgan, Pembroke
Davies Glamorgan Merthyr and Llangafelach
Perkin, Beynon  Pembroke
Grey David Thomas Williams Llangyfelach Parish Glamorgan