Author Topic: Missing Chicago marriage  (Read 1574 times)

Offline agho

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Missing Chicago marriage
« on: Saturday 17 April 10 00:04 BST (UK) »
My granduncle Jeremiah (Jerry) Neville lived for 26 years in Chicago having spent a number of years in Canada after he left Ireland in 1924. He married Pauline Mackin (or Corcoran - she may have been a widow) about 1940. Pauline was from Louisville, Kentucky. They had no family. I've searched the Cook County records & can't find a trace of the marriage record. Is there another source I could try?
Burns Scotland/Australia/Cork
Fitzgerald East Cork
Lynch Glanmire/Glounthaune
Walsh Clare/Westmeath
Haskett
Murley Cork

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
Re: Missing Chicago marriage
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 17 April 10 02:57 BST (UK) »
Presumably your Grand-Uncle may have been Jeremiah Patrick Cook who was born in Cork 7 Oct 1896 and appears on a WW2 Draft in Elmwood. Illinois. 7238 Dicke(i)nson Ave. Elmwood. Cook. Illinois. The wife that will always know him is Pauline Neville.

Perhaps you can contact the RAOGK volunteer on this link - the 3 rd one on the list for Cook who is willing to do a marriage look ups 1930 - 1960, giving as much information as you can. They may be able to do the death record for Jeremiah as well which according to an SSDi record could be 14 Oct 1956 Cook County. Illinois and Pauline Rosemary Neville. Born 28 Sept 1901 - Last Residence: 60640  Chicago, Cook, Illinois who died May 1971.

Good Luck.  ;D

http://www.rootschat.com/links/08ha/
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline agho

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Missing Chicago marriage
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 17 April 10 09:05 BST (UK) »
Thank you very much for that link dettori28 I will follow that up.
Yes that's my granduncle in Elmwood. I have death certs for both Jerry & Pauline & I have the Draft card. I have a lot of biographical info on Pauline Mackin also but just can't track marriage. Hopefully I'll have success on your link

Thanks again
agho
Burns Scotland/Australia/Cork
Fitzgerald East Cork
Lynch Glanmire/Glounthaune
Walsh Clare/Westmeath
Haskett
Murley Cork