Author Topic: Information on George William Haines  (Read 1834 times)

Offline thaines

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Information on George William Haines
« on: Saturday 17 April 10 03:53 BST (UK) »
My great great grandparents were George William Haines and Frances Tipler Haines. They are is listed on the 1871 census in Hitchen, prior to that they were in Peterborough and Leicestershire.  The FreeBMD Death Index: 1837-1915 gives his date of death as 3rd quarter in Hitchen on 3a, page 221. His DOB was 13 April 1824 in Queensbury, Leicestershire. He was a railway engine driver.

I will be visiting England in September and would like to check anything I could about him.

My great grandfather. Thomas Henry Haines (1845-1916) is with him in 1861 but not 1871 and I have not been able to find him until his naturalization papers after he arrived in the US in 1884. He married Jessie Ellen Howe or Howard in 1881, according to the 1900 US census.  I have not been able to find anything on him in England after 1861.  He was also a railroad engine driver.

If there is a place in Hitchen that might have a will that he left that might give me a clue on Thomas.

Thanks
Haines

Offline skylark

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Information on George William Haines
« Reply #1 on: Monday 19 April 10 16:05 BST (UK) »
Hello thaines

I haven't found your Thomas H or his brother George P after 1861 in England, nor Jessie Howard after 1871.

Jessie Howard was born in the district of West Derby Lancashire June qtr 1856. 

1861- 4 Egerton St.  Mount Pleasant  Liverpool Lancashire.

Jane Howard- Head - 41 - husband a river inspector, India.  b.Bobbington Cheshire
Mary Jane Howard - 12 b.Toxteth Park Liverpool Lancashire
James Howard - 10 - b.     "           "         "
Jessie Howard - 4-   b.    "             "          "
Ellen Williams - visitor - 40 - dressmaker b.Liverpool
"This information Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"

Ensor, Bradley, Cooper, Beard, Boothby, Willey, Maryon.

Offline thaines

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 19 April 10 16:47 BST (UK) »
Thank you very much. This may help me plug a big hole in my tree or should I say put some more leaves on it.

Tom
Haines

Offline bdriver

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 02 October 22 13:42 BST (UK) »
He, I have read your post (maybe from 12 years ago?) about George William Haines. I have been researching information about this family on behalf of relatives - your Thomas Henry Haines had a sister Elizabeth Jane Haines who married Thomas Driver, one of nine siblings of my great-grandfather.  I would like to share and exchange information about the Haines family with you. Please send me a reply either through RootsChat. (I hope that you are still looking into RootsChat from time to time!)

Kind regards. Barry Driver