Author Topic: Davis Family From Cavan  (Read 24249 times)

Offline NKDAVIS63

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Davis Family From Cavan
« Reply #36 on: Monday 27 May 19 21:31 BST (UK) »
Hi    My ancestors came to New York USA from or around Killashandra,  County Cavan in June 1819.  They continued on to York (now Toronto) Ontario , Upper Canada.  In May 1820 they were granted land in Middlesex County, Upper Canada.  There names were Hugh Davis,& Catherine Murphy. Their children were named Robert, Joseph, and Hugh.I do not know the name of the daughter.  I am most interested in finding any relatives still in Ireland and I would be only too happy to tell you about our family since 1819..                 Hugh

Hey Cousin, I'm Kelly Davis, son of son of son direct decent of Hugh Davis of Middlesex Counter Upper Canada. i would guess your part of this fellow's family tree http://www.biographi.ca/en/bio/davis_robert_7E.html
(from when we tried to over through Canada :)
as for relatives in Ireland we don't have any... the British shipped the entire family to Canada and changed our name on a promise not to return... that is as far as we get in our history. unless you have a friend in MI6 we don't exist before 1800 :p  we have some cousins in California from the other brothers line.  and were related to most of the town st marries in London Ontario. (and a few other towns.) contact me and i can link you up with my dad who's done most of the family resurch