Author Topic: Jones family SA  (Read 1583 times)

Offline aussie angel

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Jones family SA
« on: Friday 23 April 10 03:00 BST (UK) »
Can anyone help me track down my South African history. 

My mother was born in Johannesburg 21/02/1936. Her name was Majorie Elizabeth Jones. She later married Ian Todd and moved over seas.

Her mother was born in Cape Town , her name was Lettie Elizabeth Jones ( nee White ).

Her fathers name was Herbert John Jones , born in Cape Town and I know that he served in the Boer War.

I believe my mothers parents divorced in 1943. That is all I know of my South African history. I have tried to find Military records of my grandfather , but I believe they are not open to the public on the internet.?

If anyone has any knowledge of the family or tips on finding information I would be most appreciative.

Cheers

Offline jenimac

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Jones family SA
« Reply #1 on: Friday 07 May 10 10:44 BST (UK) »
Hi,
I have managed to find some deceased estate references for Herbert Jones and Letitia Elizabeth White at the National Archives Repository.  If you send me an email address I will forward the archives contact details etc and the references I found.

Hope this will help
Jenny

Offline aussie angel

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Jones family SA
« Reply #2 on: Friday 07 May 10 11:44 BST (UK) »
Hi Jenny,

Thank you so much for your offer to help.You can contact me at ...

I have edited out your email address to protect you from spam etc. If you make another post you will be able to share email addresses via the Personal Message system( PM)

Ruth( moderator)