Author Topic: Vic death look up please  (Read 16745 times)

Offline Tracey Joy Kelly

• RootsChat Senior
  • Great Great Grandmother Ellen Jane Wheatley
    • View Profile
Re: Vic death look up please
« Reply #90 on: Tuesday 28 September 10 06:44 BST (UK) »
hi Judith

i never did find florence. its like she disappeared off the face of the earth.

Her mum and Dad were born in England.  they married in 1875 but they had 2 girls before they were married

Eliza jane born 1871 and Florence born 1873

they migrated to australia in 1877, although records say that James and Ellen Jane came over with just one daughter,(eliza jane)  my great aunt (who is still alive) has told me on numerous occasions that her grandfather said he arrived with both of his daughters.

i have found a florence parkin born in 1873 in england that fits the description.  i know she was alive in 1889 as she was written down as being 16 in 1889 on the birth certificate of my great grandfather Henry.

florences mum Ellen Jane wheatley nee parkin dies at the age of 36 in 1890. Her older sister Eliza jane marries a chap named John Doherty.
Eliza has 2 boys  both die.. one at 24 years the other at 52. neither married or had kids.

i would like to know what happened to Eliza Jane Doherty if possible. when she died and where she was buried.

Anyway Florences father James Wheatley moves over to western australia  where his daughter Eleanor and son Henry (my great grandfather) lives.
whether Florence stayed in victoria or came over to western australia i have no idea. as i dont have any records of when james came over. maybe if there were records of when he came over , it might tell u if he had his daughter come over with him.

so the only family to remain in Victoria after 1900 was Eliza Jane Doherty nee wheatley
any information about these girls would be awesome Judith.
i was disappointed to find that Eliza janes family branch died. how tragic. i was hoping to find more family.   it looks like my great grandfather and his sister Eleanor (that came to wa) are the only surviving branches of our family tree.

Barham/Burram, Brimson, Parkin, Thomas, Underwood, Waldock, Ward, Wheatley,
I am currently researching these names, if you have any information or think you may be linked, please email me I would love to hear from you!

Offline ~MERLIN~

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: Tuesday 28 September 10 06:47 BST (UK) »
Tracey,

Can you please put back all the details you have deleted from the original post as I know the dates, names etc of all the work that was done for you were there but now they are missing & that's why Judith is not seeing it  8)

Offline Tracey Joy Kelly

• RootsChat Senior
  • Great Great Grandmother Ellen Jane Wheatley
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: Tuesday 28 September 10 07:22 BST (UK) »
Hi Merlin

The original post contained the names and dates of most of the kids but i will modify it again and try and include what i can.
Barham/Burram, Brimson, Parkin, Thomas, Underwood, Waldock, Ward, Wheatley,
I am currently researching these names, if you have any information or think you may be linked, please email me I would love to hear from you!