Author Topic: Francis Radford Blake  (Read 6282 times)

Offline jennifer c

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Latest bud on my family tree
    • View Profile
Re: Francis Radford Blake
« Reply #9 on: Monday 26 April 10 16:23 BST (UK) »
Well it is looking like the 1820 marriage is right, but what the other one is about I have not got a clue?

Francis Jnr. must have been away at school as a boarder in the earlier census.

Thank you again Carole.

Jennifer
Stevens /Godfrey /Rudgley /Claridge/ Gipson /George /Bliss
Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 26 April 10 16:31 BST (UK) »
Decided to have a look for more possible children and found these baptisms.  Based purely on fathers occupation

Baptism 27.5.1818 at St Mary Putney -  Robert Cook Blake son of Francis and Mary Ann - Francis is shown as "writer to an attorney"  Bearing in mind he would only have been around 21 at that time ........

Isabella Blake b 10.1.1814 c 20.2.1814 dtr of Francis (attorney) and Mary Ann Eliza
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline jennifer c

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 26 April 10 17:35 BST (UK) »
Hi Carole,

I wonder if we could have nephew & uncle or such?

Jennifer

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 26 April 10 17:50 BST (UK) »
I am sorry I put the wrong dates of death record for Francis and Mary.- should be: Francis 20/5/1871 & Mary 14/6/1870.

Nothing on freebmd in 1871 for Francis
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline mikewilliamson3

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 20 October 10 12:39 BST (UK) »
Hi Jennifer,

I have also come across two birth records of Francis Blake, born Longford 1798 and 1799. Both are recorded in the IGI with father William Blake and mother Elizabeth.

My connection comes in via a sister of Francis - Elizabeth Blake born Longford 1793, father noted as William Blake, mother not recorded. She appears to have married a John Williamson near Skipton, Yorkshire. The census records show her as born Longford Derbyshire 1793, which fits with the IGI birth record.

There are also family documents in the Nottinghamshire Archives which show William Blake (father of Francis and Elizabeth) marrying Elizabeth Phillips in Longford in 1791 (this ties in with IGI and have checked the marriage in the local record). William Blake is noted around 1812 as being a gent of Rilstone, Yorkshire. Rilstone is close to Skipton where my ancestors John Williamson and Elizabeth Blake were married in 1824.

Does your old family book contain any of these records which could corroborate my findings? I am trying to confirm that the Elizabeth Blake, daughter of William Blake, born Longford 1793 is the same Elizabeth Blake who married John Williamson in 1824 and was born Longford 1793.

The Nottinghamshire Archive records that I have copies of show a number of preceding generations which you may find interesting:
Marriage of William Blake to Elizabeth Phillips
Children of Rev Edward Phillips and Mary Radford (includes Elizabeth Phillips above)
Mary Radford's parents - Francis Radford & Elizabeth Hieron (and their children)
Elizabeth Hieron's father - John Hieron(and his children)

Regards

Mike

Offline jennifer c

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 20 October 10 20:46 BST (UK) »
Hello Mike,

I did all this research as part of the main research in to the name Playford for  my friend. Two of Francis's daughter's married two Playford brothers.

I only have information on Francis once he arrives in London. I have given the book and information back to my friend, but I can try to get it back and look for more information.

I have photographs of him and two of his daughter's if you are interested.

Jennifer

Offline mikewilliamson3

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 20 October 10 21:26 BST (UK) »
Hi Jennifer,

I've done a fair amount of work on Francis's ancestry as he is the brother of my ancestor Elizabeth Blake.
Their mother Elizabeth Phillips inherited land in Derbyshire. This inheritance and the subsequent sale by Francis Radford Blake's father William and his brothers in law resulted in documents which detailed some important ancestors going back 3 generations.
This then led back to families which have info published in various books including Burke's genealogical history of the commoners of GB & Ireland, which again opened up what became a couple of years worth of study and resulted in history going back to the conquest.
I'm happy to share this if you think your friend would be interested.

Thanks for the offer of photos, but as these are not direct ancestors, i rpobably wouldn't use them. Now if you had photos of Francis Radford Blake's parents, now that would be interesting :)

Regards

Mike

Offline ShannonSMPB

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 20 July 23 01:35 BST (UK) »
Jennifer- if you happen to read this, I would love to connect with you! I am a descendant of Francis Playford and Emily Augusta Blake (via son Arthur)

Shannon

Offline jennifer c

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 20 July 23 08:26 BST (UK) »
Hello Shannon

As you will see from the previous posts I did this research for my friend 13 years ago, the family was a researchers dream.

The playfords took me on a journey from a castle to being the founder members of the London rowing club which lead to an invitation to the club at Putney and the surprise of seeing the boardroom decorated with large paintings of the playfords.

I am meeting my friend for lunch next week and tell her you have made contact. Where are you in the world, as we had members of the Australian Playfords come over and spent a lovely day with them.

Jennifer