Author Topic: baptism birth look up for Martha and Rose Flood  (Read 2438 times)

Offline tishee

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
baptism birth look up for Martha and Rose Flood
« on: Monday 26 April 10 09:13 BST (UK) »
I am trying to trace my grandmother Rose/Rosemund Flood born in Westmeath 1893, her fathers name was Patrick Flood and I think her mother was also named Rose. She had a sister Martha born in 1892. I am also trying to find any information on my great grandmother Rose Flood who died a few years after the birth of her daughters and may have been buried in Westmeath - although she was originally from Kildare. Any help would be appreciated.

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: baptism birth look up for Martha and Rose Flood
« Reply #1 on: Monday 26 April 10 09:32 BST (UK) »
see the topic 2 Minute Introduction to Irish Records for details on searching the civil BMD index, ordering certs etc.

familysearch seem to be carrying out some upgrade work at the moment, so the index is not working correctly... have another check in a day or two.

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline agho

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: baptism birth look up for Martha and Rose Flood
« Reply #2 on: Monday 26 April 10 12:44 BST (UK) »
The civil certificates will give you more detail but until the LDS site is back up properly & you can get record details, you can access the births of your grandmother & her sister on the church records on www.irish-roots.ie
The records cost €5 each to view
Rose Monsera Flood, Multyfarnham RC parish 1893
Martha Mary Flood, Multyfarnham RC parish 1892.
Burns Scotland/Australia/Cork
Fitzgerald East Cork
Lynch Glanmire/Glounthaune
Walsh Clare/Westmeath
Haskett
Murley Cork