Author Topic: Frances Marsh essex record help please  (Read 2957 times)

Offline weenie

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Frances Marsh essex record help please
« on: Monday 26 April 10 11:39 BST (UK) »
hi i am wondering if it isnt too much trouble if anyone could look up in Essex records office for me and the essex standard paper.

My ancestor Frances Marsh born 1819  Cowden Kent, married Samuel Cross, in 1852 Samuel Was sent to Austrailia through been sent to prison, Frances met a Lousie Breeze, and had a child Presuming Frances Breeze Cross? they buth suddenly died in 1859 Westham Essex. apparently there is all the artifacts and details held at Essex records office, and There is something in the Essex standard dated 22 July 1852.

i am trying to find out if it was murder and if so who was it that they held for... hoping it to say Louis Breeze, and not Samuel. and if the child is called Frances Breeze Cross.

Long shot i think but any help Would be greatly appriciated

Rowena
Names i am researching are: Riley, Peaker, Jones,Smith, Dobson, Ford, Humphries, Cross, Peckston, Power, Raby, Raper, Snipe Hulse, Whelan, Darling, Morton, Wild, Moss, Ibbotson, Grimes, Broadbelt, Jowett, Nicholson
Areas of interest: Leeds, Castleford, Wakefield, Kent, Westham, Northumberland, Lancashire, Pontefract,  Flintshire, Liverpool

Offline lizdb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Frances Marsh essex record help please
« Reply #1 on: Monday 26 April 10 11:48 BST (UK) »
I can only see one death in 1859 in West Ham for a Frances/is Cross - what is the source of the info that both mother Frances and son Francis died at that time?

Nor can I spot a birth for a Francis Breeze Cross, what year was he born?

I think you will need to clarify some of these basics, before you can proceed much further.

Also, if she married in 1852, and there is 'something ni the paper' in 1852, but she and child didnt die till 1859, then the 'somethnig' cant be about her death .... can it? or have i missed somethnig !

I cant see a marriage for Frances Marsh and Samuel Cross in 1852 either!
What is the source of all this info?
Edmonds/Edmunds - mainly Sussex
DeBoo - London
Green - Suffolk
Parker - Sussex
Kemp - Essex
Farrington - Essex
Boniface - West Sussex

census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline weenie

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 26 April 10 11:56 BST (UK) »
I have found some info from my fathers papers, that his gt gt grandfather was sent to prison and his wife was found dead suddenly,in 1859 and reference to a Louis Breeze who was a herbalist. on there it says all artifacts and details held in Essex Records office. and states mentiond in Essex standard paper dated 22 July 1859.

Samuel Cross was sent to prison in 1852 and recieved 7 years he was transported to Austraila, he could have been back in time for the death of Frances his wife, i dont know it doesnt say at my end. but the census records match the info i have on family papers that there is a Louis Breeze a Herbalist in Westham area, there is a death entry for a Frances Breeze Cross in july qrt 1859 same as Frances Cross death.

I can not also find anything after Samuel was sent to prison in any records, so im thinking he either stayed in Australia or died or was responsible for his wife's death and was sent back to prison.

i do know that there children Samuel and Henry went into Lodgings and the other children ended up in Leytonstone workhouse in 1861 census. hence no parents.
Names i am researching are: Riley, Peaker, Jones,Smith, Dobson, Ford, Humphries, Cross, Peckston, Power, Raby, Raper, Snipe Hulse, Whelan, Darling, Morton, Wild, Moss, Ibbotson, Grimes, Broadbelt, Jowett, Nicholson
Areas of interest: Leeds, Castleford, Wakefield, Kent, Westham, Northumberland, Lancashire, Pontefract,  Flintshire, Liverpool

Offline lizdb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 26 April 10 12:02 BST (UK) »
I see the death now , but it is FLORENCE Breeze Cross (not Frances)

But I cant see her birth

If I were you I would be sending for the death certs to see cause of death!!
DeBoo - London
Green - Suffolk
Parker - Sussex
Kemp - Essex
Farrington - Essex
Boniface - West Sussex

Offline lizdb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 26 April 10 12:05 BST (UK) »
Birth
Oct/Nov/Dec 1858
Florence Breeze Breeze
West Ham
4a 3

I wonder if this is her? In which case she was just a baby when died.
DeBoo - London
Green - Suffolk
Parker - Sussex
Kemp - Essex
Farrington - Essex
Boniface - West Sussex

Offline weenie

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 26 April 10 12:14 BST (UK) »
yes that must be her, in the papers we found  it states Frances had a child to Louis Breeze and both mother and child were found suddenly.

many thanx, i was just hoping some one could look up the paper story for me, ive tried searching online but have got no where thankyou

Offline lizdb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 26 April 10 12:30 BST (UK) »
Might be worth emailing the Essex Record Office
DeBoo - London
Green - Suffolk
Parker - Sussex
Kemp - Essex
Farrington - Essex