Author Topic: help  (Read 5587 times)

Offline missbeeby

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: help
« Reply #9 on: Monday 26 April 10 21:04 BST (UK) »
wow my grandma was a carter but georges son william and his family all immagrated to help build canada so some of those carters in ballorone may be still related to me in a way i tell you what i know from the cencus if you want to check george carter 1871 wife ann jane son william j adress 25 beresford road everton liverpool born 1833 ireland he was a warehouse porter for cencus 1881 ann jane had died and he remarried wifes name is sarah he is still at the same adress as for samuel cardwell cencus for 1871 he was born 1806 in donpeheck ireland wife is mary children are eliza ann cardwell and william saunders cardwell they live in liverpool (cant make out the adress) and it says hes a sailor and theres no more cencus after that for him i can find ,they liked to have children late in life on the 1901 cencus george carter is 70 with a one year old child it would be sickening to be a 70 year old dad or mum now a days

Offline missbeeby

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 26 April 10 21:38 BST (UK) »
just found the wedding records for george carter and ann jane dene in liverpool feb 1863 anns fathers name is john and georges father is william

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 27 April 10 14:04 BST (UK) »
re Samuel Cardwell - see screenshot below but I'm pretty certain that says 'Ireland, Downpatrick'... i.e. county Down

The address for the family is 31 Thomas Street, Liverpool and the details listed in 1871 are :

Samuel Cardwell  65  Head , Tailor  - Downpatrick, Ireland     
 Mary Cardwell 42 Wife - Chester Tarvin,
 Eliza Ann Cardwell 3 Dau - Lancaster Liverpool,
 William Samuel Cardwell  7 Son - Lancaster Liverpool,

(name/age,occupation - place of birth)

they are sharing the house with a number of other people.

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline missbeeby

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 27 April 10 14:16 BST (UK) »
thank you does that help with finding his parents for me