Author Topic: Wanting to buy census cdrom for Lincolnshire  (Read 3314 times)

Offline waralan

• RootsChat Senior
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Wanting to buy census cdrom for Lincolnshire
« on: Tuesday 18 May 04 16:48 BST (UK) »
Hi,
       I live in the States, and I am looking for a census cd rom version for the middle to late 1800s.  I would want it to show births and deaths, if that is not too far off.
      Please state what you want for it, and suggest how I can pay for it using different currency.
Rutter name

Offline Kazza

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking into Holes
    • View Profile
Re:Wanting to buy census cdrom for Lincolnshire
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 18 May 04 16:55 BST (UK) »
Hi waralan,

GB census do not show dates of birth and deaths.  They list the occupants of a house,  the address,  occupation,  relationship to the head of the household,  where they were born and ages of people but not births and deaths.

Have a look at this discussion thread for more information on tracing people in Britain:

http://www.rootschat.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=47;action=display;threadid=3996

Kazza.
Welsh Lass
Surname interests:
Clementsten, Hobson, Hole, Marden, O'Clements, Pitten, Sharland, Vickery (Vicary), Williams.

Area Interests:
Cardiff, Bampton, Bideford, Crediton, Wollaston, Somerset, Tidenham, Norway, Australia to Bristol.

Offline waralan

• RootsChat Senior
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Re:Wanting to buy census cdrom for Lincolnshire
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 18 May 04 17:10 BST (UK) »
Kaza,
       Thanks I am trying to look up the surname Rutter in the census between 1865 and the end of the century
Rutter name

Offline Topsy

• RootsChat Extra
  • Always digging up dead people
    • View Profile
Re: Wanting to buy census cdrom for Lincolnshire
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 17 July 04 10:53 BST (UK) »
The 1881 Census is searchable online at http://www.familysearch.org/eng/Search/frameset_search.asp?PAGE=census/search_census.asp

In 1891 there were only 71 Rutters in Lincolnshire. If you give me some idea of who you are actually looking for I can e-mail you the details. I can also get you most of the details for 1901.
FRANCE, GREEN, HARRISON in W. Yorks
WATLING in Norfolk
KENDALL, ILES, CARTWRIGHT, ASHWELL in E. Yorks
BROWN, CROWTHER, BROCKELSBY/BROCKLESBY in Lincs