Author Topic: Twins?  (Read 2610 times)

Offline sillgen

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Twins?
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 06 May 10 21:04 BST (UK) »
I don't think you can be sure they were twins without proof from the birth certificates or baptisms as to be two pages apart in the register seems very odd.   Have you checked to see if there are other Lockton families in the area?
The 1911 actually asks for details of children of that marriage though no doubt people made mistakes.  Have you looked to see if a child of that marriage has died and they were muddled filling the form in?
Andrea

Offline LizzieW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I'm nearer to finding out who you are thanks DNA
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 07 May 10 10:03 BST (UK) »
Recently, I found what were obviously twins with registered with different page numbers, one reference was 8d 495 and the other 8d 494.  However, because this was 1924 it showed the mother's maiden name and that was the same for both births.  Not only that one was a male with the name of the father and one a female with the name of the mother.  Unfortunately, their deaths are also listed in the same quarter.

So it is possible for twins to be listed on different pages.  Whether twins would be listed 2 pages apart is another matter, of course.

Lizzie

Offline Kelly1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 07 May 10 10:33 BST (UK) »
Hi Andrea and Lizzie,

Thank you for your replies.

The reason I was looking for children before Emma married is because older family members are certain that Emma didn't have another baby with her first husband. Of course they could be wrong and I have found 2 possible babies and have sent the relevant registry office an email to see if they can confirm if Emma is named as the mother.

I think the best thing is to contact grantham registry office to see if they can confirm if Emma lockton is named as Arthur A Locktons mother.

Kind regards

Kelly.  :)

Offline sillgen

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 07 May 10 20:36 BST (UK) »
I agree with Lizzie that on consecutive pages is possible.  One on the last of one page and then the next the first on the next page.  Two apart does seem odd.   Do let us know the outcome of your email.
Andrea

Offline tup1

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 08 May 10 19:15 BST (UK) »
Hi Kelly,

I have found a small writeup in the Grantham Journal dated Saturday the November 13th 1909.

Arthur Alexandra Lockton died on the 9th inst.son of A & K Lockton aged 2yrs 4mths.

Had a look for his birth in 1907 but it was not in.

The Parents initials A & K does seem to point in Arthur A Lockton belonging to another family.

Kathy

Offline Kelly1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 08 May 10 19:59 BST (UK) »
Hi Kathy,

Thank you so much for your help, it is truly appreciated.

Arthur a lockton may have been the son of Arthur and Catherine (Katie) Lockton who emmigrated to canada.

Thank you once again for all of your help.

Kind regards

Kelly.  :)