Author Topic: David & Deliace Brown  (Read 2745 times)

Offline EmmaB

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
David & Deliace Brown
« on: Thursday 29 April 10 13:41 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I'm a newbie and was wondering if anybody knew of David or Deliace Brown (Nee Rayson). They married in Leeds on 2nd August 1962. Deliace was my Grandmother and she passed away in 1973 in a hospital in Wakefield. Her death certificate states that she was the widow of David Brown so he passed away sometime between 1962 and 1973. I would very much like to find out more about both David and Deliace.

I've also heard rumours that David was married before (possibly a couple of times) so would appreciate if anyone could confirm if this is true.

Any advice, tips etc would be sppreciated!

Thank you very much.

Emma

Offline MaryA

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • St Chads, Kirkby
    • View Profile
Re: David & Deliace Brown
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 29 April 10 14:13 BST (UK) »
Hi and welcome to Rootschat.

If you don't already have it I would advise that you get the marriage certificate - you can do this online at www.gro.gov.uk and it will cost £9.25.

The details you need are Deliace I Rayson to David Brown Q3 1962 Leeds 2c 636.

This certificate may give you their ages at marriage and the names of their father's, also occupations which will help you in your search.

There are two deaths for David Brown in the Leeds district during the appropriate time, one in 1968 age 56 and the other in 1969, born 1889.

Looking for a burial of somebody with such an unusual name as Deliace might prove more fortuitous in discovering whether her husband was buried with her.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from The National Archives <br />Lunt (Wavertree/West Derby), Forshaw (West Derby), Richardson (Knowsley), Kent (Cheshire), <br />Cain (Hertfordshire, London), Larkins (Bedfordshire, London), Nunn (London), Lenton, Hillyard (Bedfordshire), <br />Parle, Lambert, Furlong, Wafer (Wexford)<br />Special separate interest in Longford (Blackrock, Dublin)

Offline EmmaB

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 29 April 10 14:31 BST (UK) »
Hi Mary,

Thank you very much for the welcome  :)

I have purchased the wedding certificate. I was hoping that David may have had a middle name which would help me to find him amongst all of the David Browns but he doesn't appear to have had one. His age when he got married was 41 so I guess he was born in 1920 or 1921.

I have managed to find details for Deliace and have some details for where she is buried but it appears that they weren't buried together.

I was hoping that somebody may have heard of them or even have known them. I'd really like to know something about their characters.

Thanks again for your help. I will try to narrow David Down using his Fathers details as you suggested - thank you.

Offline JJen

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 29 April 10 14:34 BST (UK) »
Hi Emma,

It looks like your grandmother's death record is listed as Iris Deliase Rayson 1973, Wakefield. The birth date given was 4th April 1911.

The only birth I can find in 1911 which bears any resemblance is a Deliace I Flint born in Uttoxeter.

Hope this is of some help.

JJ

Offline MaryA

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • St Chads, Kirkby
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 29 April 10 15:43 BST (UK) »
The birth date given was 4th April 1911.
Now that's a shame since the 1911 census was taken on 2nd.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from The National Archives <br />Lunt (Wavertree/West Derby), Forshaw (West Derby), Richardson (Knowsley), Kent (Cheshire), <br />Cain (Hertfordshire, London), Larkins (Bedfordshire, London), Nunn (London), Lenton, Hillyard (Bedfordshire), <br />Parle, Lambert, Furlong, Wafer (Wexford)<br />Special separate interest in Longford (Blackrock, Dublin)

Offline MaryA

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • St Chads, Kirkby
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 29 April 10 15:49 BST (UK) »
Uttoxeter = Staffordshire, is that right?

I wonder if this marriage is worth investigation?

Cicaly E Flint to Horace Rayson Q3 1930 Stoke Upon Trent 6b 518

Online carol8353

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me,mum and dad and both gran's c 1955
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 29 April 10 17:17 BST (UK) »
The birth date given was 4th April 1911.
Now that's a shame since the 1911 census was taken on 2nd.

What a shame that hubby didn't put down " wife very very pregnant" in his reply on the census form  ;D  8) ;D

Carol
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline EmmaB

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 30 April 10 13:47 BST (UK) »
Thank you for all of the info.

I really wanted to try and find somebody who may have known them or who has heard of them.

Thanks again.

Emma

Online carol8353

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me,mum and dad and both gran's c 1955
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 30 April 10 14:30 BST (UK) »
How about finding a relevant local newspaper and posting a message there.
Lots of them now have a 'looking for old friends/family' section.
My local paper certainly does. ;D

Carol
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk