Author Topic: Toni*'s OH Sc Hunt part 8  (Read 28748 times)

Offline jaywit

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I will find them wherever they are hiding
    • View Profile
Re: Toni*'s OH Sc Hunt part 8
« Reply #234 on: Wednesday 14 December 11 14:45 GMT (UK) »
I can find marriages for Alfred and Robert. It looks like Alfred had 3 children and Robert 2.
Cross Steeple Claydon Bucks,  Jennings Steeple Claydon Bucks,  Steel Byfield Northants,  Rogers Northants,  Wheeler Oxon,  Roberts Oxon,  Bonham Oxon/ Middleton Cheney Northants,  Maycock Northants,  Abbott Northants , Newman Northants, Buckingham Bucks, Hart Warks, Newth Gloucs.

UK Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Spidermonkey

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • https://www.apigintime.net/blog
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: Wednesday 14 December 11 19:29 GMT (UK) »
Time for part 9?!

Clara Urwin looks to have had a baby towards the end of 1910, a daughter also called Clara (with the intriguing initials of J Q!)

The grandaughter of Clara J Q has a tree on ancestry, complete with photo of Clara J Q!  A note with the tree says that Clara J Q was brought up by her grandfather, Alfred.  Alfred apparently was an editor of the Times........

Offline jaywit

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I will find them wherever they are hiding
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: Wednesday 14 December 11 19:40 GMT (UK) »
Time for part 9?!

Clara Urwin looks to have had a baby towards the end of 1910, a daughter also called Clara (with the intriguing initials of J Q!)

The grandaughter of Clara J Q has a tree on ancestry, complete with photo of Clara J Q!  A note with the tree says that Clara J Q was brought up by her grandfather, Alfred.  Alfred apparently was an editor of the Times........

;D ;D ;D ;D  I like that one, if only they knew the truth about the family. ;D ;D ;D ;D
Cross Steeple Claydon Bucks,  Jennings Steeple Claydon Bucks,  Steel Byfield Northants,  Rogers Northants,  Wheeler Oxon,  Roberts Oxon,  Bonham Oxon/ Middleton Cheney Northants,  Maycock Northants,  Abbott Northants , Newman Northants, Buckingham Bucks, Hart Warks, Newth Gloucs.

UK Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Redroger

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dad and Fireman at Kings Cross 13.7.1951
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: Wednesday 14 December 11 20:40 GMT (UK) »
No doubt Alfred was! But not the Alfred on this thread! :)
Ayres Brignell Cornwell Harvey Shipp  Stimpson Stubbings (all Cambs) Baumber Baxter Burton Ethards Proctor Stanton (all Lincs) Luffman (all counties)

Offline toni*

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: Thursday 15 December 11 09:48 GMT (UK) »
Toni Did you notice Robert George's wife gave birth to sons during and after WW1? Always easier to follow the male lines, especially with an unusual surname.

No I didn’t even think to check for births after 1911

Time for part 9?!

The grandaughter of Clara J Q has a tree on ancestry, complete with photo of Clara J Q! A note with the tree says that Clara J Q was brought up by her grandfather, Alfred. Alfred apparently was an editor of the Times........

i'm getting abit confused about all the Alfreds !

Alfred Urwin had son Alfred James who had son Alfred John is that right wasn't there an Alfred George somewhere or did i imagine that ?
Holman & Vinton- Cornwall, Wojciechowskyj & Hussak- Bukowiec & Zahutyn, Bentley & Richards- Leicester, Taylor-Kent/Sussex  Punnett-Sussex,  Bear/e- Monkleigh Gazey-Warwicks

UK Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchive

Offline toni*

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: Thursday 15 December 11 10:04 GMT (UK) »
Holman & Vinton- Cornwall, Wojciechowskyj & Hussak- Bukowiec & Zahutyn, Bentley & Richards- Leicester, Taylor-Kent/Sussex  Punnett-Sussex,  Bear/e- Monkleigh Gazey-Warwicks

UK Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchive