Author Topic: Robet Graham  (Read 1700 times)

Offline Border Lass

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Robet Graham
« on: Thursday 29 April 10 22:03 BST (UK) »
Hi all.  I''m trying to find out any information about my relation Robert Graham of Moorhouses in the Parish of Warwick, nr Carlisle, England.  He was born in 1694.  In 1652 a Robert Graham bought Moorhouses. He previously live at Holme Gate.  I also have another Robert Graham of Aglionby who died in 1587.  Can anyone help please

Offline LoneyBones

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Wot, me worry?
    • View Profile
Re: Robet Graham
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 02 May 10 12:20 BST (UK) »
Hi Border Lass, welcome to RootsChat.
Can't help with your search, a bit early for any of my knowledge bases. I'm sure you'll get some help though. There are lots of very helpful people here who have expertise in those early dates and in those areas.
Good luck.
Leonie.
Direct matriarchal line; ENNIS-Yeatman-Cooper-Papps-Ryland-Lechford/Luxford-Bagshaw-Henriett
ENNIS-Thomas-Bonnin-Aldridge-Williams-Harding-Brown.
ENNIS-Davis/Davies-Buck-Oakley-
JONES-Roberts-Handy-Ross-Warrillow-Eagles-Cotterill-Bailey.
JONES-Walton-Grayson-Stobbs-Baldwin-Ibbotson-Scott.
JONES-Goodwin-Parker-Instant-Hubbard-Hancock-Skinner.

STILL LOOKING FOR: Elizabeth Ann Balfour ENNIS nee DAVIS. Disappeared in Adelaide, South Australia. 1881.

Offline Maggie1895

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Robet Graham
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 02 May 10 17:25 BST (UK) »
As LoneyBones says, welcome to Rootschat - I'm seriously impressed, having traced that far back is quite an achievement.   I've never got beyond the latter 18th century.
I just looked at IGI on FamilySearch and was really amazed how many came up.   You've probably already checked these, but there are:
Robert Grahame, birth 25 Jan 1694 Cumberland - parents John Grahame and Jean Cumberland.   That is a submitted entry though, not one linked to a parish record.
There was also a christening in the parish of Kirk Andrews upon Esk in Cumberland, and I'm ashamed to say I've no idea if that is near Carlisle or not.
That one does have reference to records, and gives a date of 11 Jan 1694 with parents Wm Graham and Jane.
Sorry if you have already ruled them out or they are the wrong part of Cumberland.  Do you have any more information to point any of the more expert posters in the right direction?
Census information Crown Copywright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk / National Archives of Scotland