Author Topic: places in the countyof Roscommon  (Read 15636 times)

Offline johnros

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: places in the countyof Roscommon
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 05 May 10 00:44 BST (UK) »
It will cost US$8.00 for a photocopy of the marriage entry in Ballyleague Registrar’s District. Suggest you request the certificate for Patrick Duffy and unknown McKeon.

Accuracy of some pay-per-view websites.
Where the system falls down is that the computer extract was often produced at Public Expense by disinterested young people taken off the dole queue for a few days a week in an attempt to lower the unemployment figures.

The LDS British Isles Vital Records set of 16 CDs lists the 20 July 1869 Civil birth of Michael Duffy. Father Margaret, mother Margaret McKeon. LDS film 101192.

Details for Fairymount townland:
Ballintober South Barony,
Kilgefin Civil parish,
Roscommon Poor Law Union,
Ballyleague Registrar’s District,
Kilgefin District Electoral Division,
Kilgefin Catholic Parish (Elphin Diocese)
LDS Change of occupiers of land 1857-1920 film number 868115,
LDS Griffith’s Valuation film number 844983 Item 2 (1857)
LDS Tithe Applotment film number 256632 (1824).

Griffith’s Valuation of Fairymount townland lists Catherine Cullen occupying land and a house (each valued at 5 shillings).

Note: When searching the LDS British Isles Vital Records set of 16 CDs it is necessary to for McKeon and Mc Keon. This applies to all names commencing with Mc and O.

Offline johnd2

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 06 May 10 22:37 BST (UK) »
Hi all
Many thanks for all the help i am receiving in my research.

I don't have an actual civil birth cert for their son Michael Duffy born in 1869.
I sent for the civil birth cert some years ago to the reg office in Roscommon but they said they could find no recordof the birth.At the same time i also applied for  abirth cert for their other son Patrick Duffy born in 1871 again no record. Also for the marrige cert for Patrick Duffy and Margeret McKeon no record all from the reg office in Roscommon.

Is there a reg office at Ballyleague or all civil records kept at Roscommon?

Patrick Duffy age from the English census of 1881,1891 and 1901 gives his birth about 1840 therefore in 1868 he would be 28 not 25 as the marrige to Bridget McKeon gives this does not quite match.

Margeret Duffy (McKeon) birth from the same English census her birth matches with that of Bridget McKeon wheh she married in 1868 birth 1850.

I have English birth certs for thier other children born in Englandwhich gives the mothers former name as Margeret McKeown.

I am assuming the marriage record i have for Patrick and Margeret in the Roman Catholic parish of Kilbride took place at Fourmile house but could it have taken place at some other place but still in the parish of Kilbride?

Where and how should i apply for a marrige cert for Patrick and Bridgetand their son Michael and Patrick?

Once again many thanks
Best wishes
John Duffy

Offline johnros

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 06 May 10 23:41 BST (UK) »
Irish Civil marriage certificates are inexpensive.

For details visit Schedule of Fees as provided by the General Register Office
Fees Payable by The Public To the General Register Office
http://www.groireland.ie/fees.htm

Search and photocopy of entry in the Register
 €6.00
 €4.00