Author Topic: Elizabeth Tattersall of burnley lancashire  (Read 5399 times)

Offline mosiefish

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Elizabeth Tattersall of burnley lancashire
« Reply #18 on: Monday 03 May 10 20:03 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I did get chance to take a walk around the cemetery yesterday, but unfortunately that particular plot  is no longer overgrown with the stones falling over - it has been largely cleared and grassed over.  Only a few headstones now remain.  :'( 

I think I would either ask Burnley library local studies for a look up of who purchased the grave or contact Burnley Cemetery Office.  Both are usually very helpful.  I did find 3 stillborn children buried in the same grave in 1867 that don`t appear to have any connection and wonder if it had possibly been "sold on".  In which case by the time Elizabeth Tattersall was buried it would have probably been full.

Elizabeth Tattersall could be an aunt or some relative of whoever purchased the grave.  Unfortunately I can`t find her on the 1881 census.  It is not the one on Every Street as she is in a different plot. 

This could possibly be the burial of your Elzabeth Wilkinson:

Grave 15065 Elizabeth Wilkinson aged 42 of Tunnel Street buried 23rd January, 1888. 

As far as I can tell there is no other person buried in this grave. 

With regards to James Dawson, there is a baptism at Holy Trinity Habergham Eaves of a James Dawson born 28th August, 1882 and baptized 8th October, 1882.  Parents were Edward Dawson and Elizabeth.  OK I know he would have been 2 months when he died but....

Kind regards,
Mo
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Lancs: Harrison, Entwistle, Devine, Grundy, Ashworth, Freeman, Jackson, Rushton
Cornwall: Rich, Binney, Peak(e)
Devon: Martin, Walter(s)

Offline moushka

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 04 May 10 17:34 BST (UK) »
Hi Mo,

Many thanks for your help, what you have found is very interesting and I think this is definately a match, with more dates I can look into this further now.

:D

Offline mosiefish

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 04 May 10 23:56 BST (UK) »
Hi,

If you don`t get any joy from the cemetery or library let me know and I will check the graves out for  you, but it could be a couple of weeks before I go to the library again.

Would love to know the outcome.

Regards,
Mo
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Lancs: Harrison, Entwistle, Devine, Grundy, Ashworth, Freeman, Jackson, Rushton
Cornwall: Rich, Binney, Peak(e)
Devon: Martin, Walter(s)