Author Topic: JENNINGS, JAMIESONS, ANDERSONS and DAVIDSONS  (Read 1885 times)

Offline stwrt

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
JENNINGS, JAMIESONS, ANDERSONS and DAVIDSONS
« on: Monday 03 May 10 15:50 BST (UK) »
My boyfriend and his family hv started on their tree and i have said I'd get a little help for them i want to concentrate on the jamiesons mainly as seemingly the grandfather had a LOT of female partners and a LOT of kids too i can give what I have

James Jamieson (B) XXXX    married Anne Anderson Jennings (B)
Annes parents John Thomas jennings Laberour
                        Jessie wood jennings (Nee Anderson) married 29th Dec 1924
James parents John Jamieson (B) XXXX
johns parents    Thomas jamieson Miner
                         Christina Anderson (Nee Davidson) married 19th may 1915

Christina davidson Jamieson (B) 22nd Jan 1921 (D)27th Dec 1989
Christinas parents  Thomas jamieson Miner
                         Christina Anderson (Nee Davidson) married 19th may 1915 

Moderator's Comment: Names of living people aren't allowed to be posted on Rootschat so some details have been removed from this post. If anyone can fill in more recent family details it would be best done by PM (personal message) rather than online.

Offline Maggie1895

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: JENNINGS, JAMIESONS, ANDERSONS and DAVIDSONS
« Reply #1 on: Monday 03 May 10 18:26 BST (UK) »
Stwt,  it may be I'm being obtuse, but I'm a bit confused.
Who are you trying to trace back in the Jamiesons? 
Were James and John brothers?
If so, you'd be best to start with their father Thomas Jamieson the Miner who married in 1915.
He should be able to be traced from the 1911 census, but it would help you to find him if you have an idea of what part of the country he is in - or even which country.   If he's in Scotland that census hasn't been released yet.   
If he was in England or Wales and hadn't married till 1915 you might even strike lucky and find he is at home with his parents which will give you a start to the previous generation in the 1901 and 1891 census backwards.
At the very least if you send for the marriage certificate for Thomas and Christine in 1915 that should give you their father's names and you have a start there.
Good luck
Census information Crown Copywright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk / National Archives of Scotland

Offline stwrt

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 03 May 10 18:58 BST (UK) »
We don't kniow if john and james are brothers I'm trying to get info from his father but with havin dementia it aint that easy also i'm in the middle of doing my own 4 lines and have this to pass on to his family as they need help caquse they have never done anything likje ths before! these Jamiesons come from Newcraighall  midlothian Scotland.

thanks for your help

Offline Maggie1895

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 03 May 10 20:24 BST (UK) »
The marriage certificate for Thomas Jamieson and Christina Davidson can be seen on Scotlands People (SP) - your best bet is to start there.
As you say it was in 1915, in the St Giles area of Edinburgh / Midlothan, and the GROS reference (Government Record Office for Scotland) is 685/04 0519.
You need to register with SP - it's a pay per view site but it's much cheaper to buy a set of basic credits to view on line than to order certificates separately.  You should then find the details of both Thomas and Christina's parents and be able to start tracking them back from there.
Census information Crown Copywright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk / National Archives of Scotland

Offline stwrt

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 03 May 10 20:57 BST (UK) »
Ty Maggie 1895 I will tell him all about it and that can be his place to start I think he'll be well happy

Gill's