Author Topic: 1841/51 census lookup, Acton - Thomas and Hannah Brereton  (Read 964 times)

Offline CatOne

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
1841/51 census lookup, Acton - Thomas and Hannah Brereton
« on: Saturday 26 March 05 11:23 GMT (UK) »
Could anyone please lookup a Thomas and Hannah Brereton, Acton by Nantwich area. They were married in July, 1769, so assuming they were about 20ish, they would be around 70+. (Wish the censuses had been started earlier!!) Possible children also in the area include Betty, Catharine, John, Sarah, Randal, Ann, Mary, George and Jane.

Thanks,
Catherine  :)
Dunning/Downing, Osborn/e, Astley -Cheshire/Birmingham/Middlesex
Fanthorpe/Hall/Driffill/Storm - Lincolnshire
Bower/Woodward/Bingham/Pettinger/Shaw - Nottinghamshire
Shaw, Marland - Lancashire
Broph(e)y - Queens County, Ireland
Richards - Neath Swansea
Hunt/Fox - Lincs, Waterfield/Middleton - Staffs
Hart/Harland/Askew/Scales - Yorkshire
Brereton/Vickers - Cheshire
Gleaves/Sandford/Hulse/Hulme - Wolstanton/Audley Staffs
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov

Offline peterbennett

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Samuel if ever an Ag Lab looked like one it was he
    • View Profile
Re: 1841/51 census lookup, Acton - Thomas and Hannah Brereton
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 26 March 05 13:25 GMT (UK) »
Hi Catherine
                    I think Thomas and Hannah would be long gone before the 1841 census , if they were 20 when they married in 1769 they would be 90 by 1841,also a great many of the children would be in thier 50's, 60's and 70's if they lived.
                   Is there one particular line of Brereton that you have traced back to this early date and can you give me details of the last census you have for them and I will see what can be found.

peterbennett

All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright<br />www.NationalArchives.gov.uk <br />Cheshire BMD  www.cheshirebmd.org.uk/ <br />Cheshire Wills database http://www.cheshire.gov.uk/recordoffice/wills/Search.htm<br />Cheshire family history society  www.fhsc.org.uk/<br />Cheshire Records Office http://www.cheshire.gov.uk/Recordoffice/aboutus/recoffcontact.tm<br /><br />--------------------------------------------------------------------<br />Bennett/,Whaley,Chesh/Lancs, Brindley Staffs

Offline CatOne

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: 1841/51 census lookup, Acton - Thomas and Hannah Brereton
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 26 March 05 13:43 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

Ooops my maths has gone haywire today (trying to work and do this at the same time!!)

I'm trying to find out more about the line you helped me with the other day -

Fanny Brereton - parents Thomas Brereton and Hannah Vickars?.... I've emailed he records office as you suggested, but just trying to find out anything else in the meantime. Think I will have to wait until I hear from the records office to try and find our occupations, etc, and parents of Thomas and Hannah to go back a further generation.

(also there are Breretons living next door to Hannah Dunning, nee Vickers, daughter of Richard Vickers and Fanny Brereton, living in Wolstanton, Staffs on a later census and wanted to see if there was a link)

Thanks for your help
Catherine
Dunning/Downing, Osborn/e, Astley -Cheshire/Birmingham/Middlesex
Fanthorpe/Hall/Driffill/Storm - Lincolnshire
Bower/Woodward/Bingham/Pettinger/Shaw - Nottinghamshire
Shaw, Marland - Lancashire
Broph(e)y - Queens County, Ireland
Richards - Neath Swansea
Hunt/Fox - Lincs, Waterfield/Middleton - Staffs
Hart/Harland/Askew/Scales - Yorkshire
Brereton/Vickers - Cheshire
Gleaves/Sandford/Hulse/Hulme - Wolstanton/Audley Staffs