Author Topic: partridge family  (Read 5615 times)

Offline vj

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
partridge family
« on: Saturday 26 March 05 13:01 GMT (UK) »
Hi I'm new to this and need help-Is anyone researching the PARTRIDGE family history in Shropshire-I am happy to exchange the information already obtained-I have been researching for some time now. 

Offline nirvana

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: partridge family
« Reply #1 on: Friday 25 January 08 12:50 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I am really new - logged in 2 hours ago!!!

I have Partridge's in my tree from Pulverbatch area.  I have some descendants from John Partridge c1781 married Sarah.  Is it likely to be same family??

Thanks
Nirvana

Offline pete edwards

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 26 January 08 17:57 GMT (UK) »
Welcome to both :) :)

Not myself looking for the name, but if you want any lookups pre ab 1815ish here in Shropshire I wiil have a look, just give us a name and an approx date. 

All the best
Pete :) :)
Edwards, mainly Cound, Frodesely, Acton Burnell. Pitchford. and surrounding villages, Shropshire, /  Rowe, Cound, / Littlehales, Berrington, Shropshire / Radford, Dublin, /   Maguire, Acton Burnell, /  Rudge, Frodesely, /

Offline nirvana

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 27 January 08 16:01 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Pete - that' much appreciated.  Once I've got my head around all of this I will take you up on your kind offer.

Offline nirvana

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 27 January 08 16:03 GMT (UK) »
Hi VJ

Looks like we might be looking for the same family??

Offline mollymandysb

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 31 May 10 18:03 BST (UK) »
hi
no it is sometime since you last put a post on this site but I am also researching the Partridges from Shrewsbury.  my maiden name was Miss Partridge. My grand dad was James Partridge born 1885 in Shrewsbury, his dad was James Partridge born 1862, he married Rose Kemsley, his dad was William Partridge born 1831 married to Susannah (nee fox) his Mom Was Mary
hooley/cheshire. vernons/cheshire. booths/cheshire
partridges/shrewsbury. evans/pontesbury, shropshire. blowers.shropshire. davies/shropshire. edwards/llay and bala. fox/shropshire

Offline kevin4d

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 15 July 10 10:01 BST (UK) »
I am also researching Partrige family. I am descended from those who moved from Shrewsbury to Leeds.
I believe William Partridge 1831 parents were Mary ? and William born approx 1774 and died 14/2/1841 at Spring Gardens.
I am trying to trace marriage and William's birth.
I see there is a marriage 24/8/1819 in Pulverbatch to Mary Burguin. Can anybody confirm that it is the correct marriage

Kevin

Offline mollymandysb

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 15 July 10 16:56 BST (UK) »
hi vj

we are related in some way, my g g grand dad was William Partridge, he married Susan Fox, his mother was Mary born in Spring Gardens in 1789.  I am going to be  researching tomorrow and will give u the details.  my phone no is 01527 454118. give me a ring and we can exchange info.  am going to shrewsbury again soon so will be able to give u more info.

steph
partridges/shrewsbury. evans/pontesbury, shropshire. blowers.shropshire. davies/shropshire. edwards/llay and bala. fox/shropshire

Offline mollymandysb

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 15 July 10 17:02 BST (UK) »
second mes.

hi everyone.

Jack Partridge was born in 1921 in Wrexham, N Wales, his dad was James Partridge born in Shrewsbury, his dad was James Partridge born in Spring Gardens, he married Rose Kemsley his dad was William who was (Ithink born in Annies Hill) he married Susan Fox.  His mom was Mary born in Shrewsbury 1789.

please contact anyone as like u have been searching for ages. have quite a lot of info.  family members up in the Rochdale area, Berkshire and me in Worcestershire.

Steph