Author Topic: partridge family  (Read 5614 times)

Offline RobertoB

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: partridge family
« Reply #9 on: Friday 30 July 10 21:30 BST (UK) »
Hi.
My great great great great grand father was William Partridge, married to Mary Ann Cross, born Pulverbach, Shropshire 1813.

If any one thinks we are relatives, firstly hello, secondly I have further information about other relatives dating back to 1763.

Regards
Roberto

Offline mollymandysb

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 31 July 10 17:01 BST (UK) »
hi Robert we must be related in some way cus my ggg was William Partridge, born in the shrewsbury area, he had a son called William.  however, this william married a susannah fox. his dad william born about 1798 was married secondly to mary wynn they were both widdow and widdower. who his first wife was i don't know.  I have stuck at 1798 but have always been told that the Partridges came from Normandy in and around 1066. do you know anything about this.  Pulverbatch is not too far from shrewsbury and is over by the Lond Mynd.

hooley/cheshire. vernons/cheshire. booths/cheshire
partridges/shrewsbury. evans/pontesbury, shropshire. blowers.shropshire. davies/shropshire. edwards/llay and bala. fox/shropshire

Offline RobertoB

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 31 July 10 19:12 BST (UK) »
Hi Molly(?). The earliest record I have to date is of a Thomas Partridge (Shropshire, 1763) married (11/8/1782) to Jane Smith (Pulverbach, 1757). Next in line is another Thomas Partridge (Pulverbach, 1786) married to Anne Wilson (Shropshire, 1786), who had a son called William Partridge (Pulverbach, 1813), and so on.

I am going to pop into Shropshire archives library next week to check Pulverbach parish records to see what comes up.

Regarding the Normandy connection I didn't know. I am relatively new to this, so thanks for sharing the information.

Stay tuned!

Regards
Roberto

Offline mollymandysb

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 05 August 10 15:54 BST (UK) »
Hi Robert

my William Partridge was born 1774 (where in shropshire I don't know) he died in Feb 1841.  His second wife was Mary formerly Wynn who was born in Shrewsbury in 1796.

was hoping to go to archives myself last week to meet a distant relative but unfortunately came down with shingles.

keep in touch

Molly
partridges/shrewsbury. evans/pontesbury, shropshire. blowers.shropshire. davies/shropshire. edwards/llay and bala. fox/shropshire

Offline dsquared

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 14 January 13 00:50 GMT (UK) »
hi, i'm jumping onto this stream much later than the last post!

i have a ggg grandfather william partridge married to a mary living in the horseshoe inn 1840s/1850s in ratlinghope. william dies sometime 1840s, both born 1790s. just wondering whether he's the william who married mary burgoin in 1819 in pulverbatch as it's fairly close to ratlinghope.

their children are all born 1820-33 in ratlinghope, so the dates make sense.

does anyone have any ancestors in this family?

Offline mollymandysb

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 26 January 13 19:39 GMT (UK) »
hi everyone, sorry for delay in replying,  my ancestor william partridge died 14th feb 1841 in shrewsbury from an asthmatic attack he was a colliery worker, his funeral was 17th feb 1841 and he is buried in st michaels shrewsbury in an un marked grave.  his death cert states he was 67 at death making his birth day 1774.  he married twice, mary and had two children as far as i know ellizabeth born 1823 in meole brace and charlotte born 1826 in st marys shrewsbury, he then re married a mary wynn and had a william, james and caroline.

not sure if he and dont think he was the same as the one that married mary burgwuin.