Author Topic: TRU(E)BODY in Australia  (Read 4174 times)

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: TRU(E)BODY in Australia
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 08 May 10 05:16 BST (UK) »
There are TRUBODY files on the National Archives of Australia website...
http://www.naa.gov.au/collection/recordsearch/index.aspx

WW2 servicemen.
http://www.ww2roll.gov.au/script/name.asp#summary1

Cando

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline judefox4

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: TRU(E)BODY in Australia
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 23 November 13 07:44 GMT (UK) »
Just saw your post. I have been researching a Mrs Sarah Wilmot who followed her convict husband to Australia in 1819 on the "David Shaw'.
1822 muster shows that he, John Wilmot, was assigned to Sarah in Sydney. They had a child Ester born in 1821. A John Wilmot gets a certificate of freedom 12 Jan 1826. Now a John Wilmot departs colony with wife and child on the "John Dunn" 16 May 1826.
Now John Willmott/Wilmot was tried in Surrey and got 7 years for larceny.
I noticed a marriage -  MARRIAGE: No. 53: .. Name: Sarah Trubody ; Spouse Name: John Willmott ;  Event Date: 27 Feb 1813 ; Parish: Lambeth St Mary ; Borough: Lambeth .. ( Presence of : Francis Trubody, J. L. Gawler). ..... and a christening -
CHRISTENING: OF SARAH .. Name: Sarah Truebody; Gender: Female; Christening Date: 25 Dec 1790; Christening Place: St. Mary's, Lambeth, Surrey, England ; Father's Name: Francis Truebody (MOTHER Mary) .. familysearch Indexing Project (Batch) Number: I03223-9 System Origin: England-EASy GS Film number: 1595090 Reference ID: item 5... ... : and
BAPTISM SIBLING HESTER ??: .. Hester Trubody Baptism Date: 11 Sep 1796 Parish: St Mary at Lambeth County: Surrey Borough: Lambeth Parent(s): Francis Trubody, Mary Trubody Record Type: Baptism - (born 22 July 1796). ...

Now in the November 1828 CENSUS another SARAH WILLMOTT, laundress in Cambridge Street,  and child ESTHER WILLMOTT (AGE 7 ) appear with a 10 week old child Jeanett (conceived approx. December 1827. Now this census states that Sarah arrived free on the "George Home" 26th December 1827. (No sign of a John). The three are in a 3 person household. (She is not listed by name on ship - 16 passengers were unnamed).
I cannot work out if this is the previous Sarah and Esther who left in 1826.
Jeanett and Sarah disappear off my radar but I was able to trace Esther. She married Thomas Boulton in 1839 and immediately went to NZ with him. Two children born  - 1839 Eliza Boulton and 1841 Thomas Boulton jnr. Husband Thomas drowns 1840. At some time Esther returns to Sydney and marries a John Moore in 1848. They have several children. Esther dies in 1867 age 46.