Author Topic: tracing Emily M Kermode  (Read 4474 times)

Offline jacqui dutton

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
tracing Emily M Kermode
« on: Friday 07 May 10 08:17 BST (UK) »
Hiya my dec grandmother`s sister was "Emily Margaret Kermode",her last known address is the isle of man in 1960, she was remembered in my grandmothers will,my granni dec in 1964.
Husbande was WILFRID KERMODE, they lived  in LONAN.
MY grandmother`s father  TURNEY from Lancaster, then address  in BROMLEY KENT, an iron ore miner, and then an overseer of the mine, on documents, but wot mine?checked records, at the time of my grandmothers marriage her father had deceased by 1909 his name has changed to TURNER, on the marriage and later on death certificate, the y was misread or changed!
 My father died 2yrs ago he held all the documents,so all the documentation has passed to me, births marriages and deaths certificates.of all his wifes family, my mother died in 1950,now all deceased But I want to know who my aunt was, and how she married a man from Isle of Mann...
 I just want to know if my grannies sister had any issue, or children,before her husband died,in 1909 or before,as Grannies father  SOUNDS Iinteresting, and I did a GOOGLE search on surname , as watching the election news is so boring today,this website turned up,with this surname  of someone else looking for TURNEY,in LONAN.. so thanks in advance!their address, 1960 Lonan a large estate begining with Balla...

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: tracing Emily M Kermode
« Reply #1 on: Friday 07 May 10 10:37 BST (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat. It's very difficult to help with information or advice since your post isn't very clear. Dates would certainly help so perhaps you can add them when you check the certificates and information you've already gathered up.

Rootschat isn't a forum for tracing living people or posting details about possibly living people so we may be limited as to what we can post about any possible children of Emily and Wilfrid.

There's 2 other threads here looking for details of Kermodes which mentions Lonan:
www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,131644.0.html
www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,128052.msg569234.html#msg569234
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline jacqui dutton

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 07 May 10 10:40 BST (UK) »
oh thanks all these people are definetly deceased by now!I have an address, last known address is 34 Balla ..... estate Lonan
Ive looked up Wilfrid Kermode, but the information didnt tally.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 07 May 10 10:42 BST (UK) »
I understood from your 1st post that Emily and her husband were dead but it's not clear whether of not any children they may have had could still be alive. We really do need an idea of dates before we can help you.

Offline jacqui dutton

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 07 May 10 10:45 BST (UK) »
did I say Emily, my grandmothers name is Laura jane, she died in 1964.. dont know a thing I presume died by now?Im looking uip the Isle of mann website on geneology, my family were very poor, and dont think they will be rememeberd, but its nice to find out, ok, thanks for your time, sorry no dates available!

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 07 May 10 10:48 BST (UK) »
Your original post was looking for information about Emily Margaret Kermode (Kermode being her married name).

Offline jacqui dutton

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 07 May 10 10:50 BST (UK) »
ok I have found her former name, maiden name is turney, or turner, and then her mothers maiden name is shimmer.

Offline jacqui dutton

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 07 May 10 10:55 BST (UK) »
my Grandmothers wedding was 1909 and her father was said to have been deceased then.Her sister must have been at the wedding, that was in Sidcup Kent.parents address given as Tregisloe Sidcup kent...my aunt was never known to me, but she did send me stamps from the Manx area and write to me, but I think she was a widow , this was in 1960s.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 07 May 10 11:04 BST (UK) »
Found a burial listing (Isle of Man) for an Emily Margaret Kermode (age 78) Lonan 4 Aug 1964 which may be your grandmother's sister.
http://www.iomfhs.im/lawsons/LawsonBMD/burials/k_index.html
However, there's also a birth for an Emily Margaret Kermode in 1882 IOM so the burial may be for this person.

Kermode seems to be a very common Isle of Man surname which may make searching for your great-aunt more difficult.