Author Topic: NIXON/ROBINSON families of Westmeath  (Read 5994 times)

Offline hurley42

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: NIXON/ROBINSON families of Westmeath
« Reply #9 on: Monday 10 May 10 09:01 BST (UK) »
Thank you aghadowey and shanew147 for additional information.

I had a look at the RCB Library site but made no progress with the particular church in Delvin. I assume the material would be catalogued but not 'online' for viewing the actual records ?

Sounds like a postage stamp job.

Cheers

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 10 May 10 09:05 BST (UK) »
The RCB Library dont have any records online, and are not able to provide research services, you have to visit them to see the details.

I believe some records for county Westmeath are available on the pay-website of the Irish Family History Foundation at www.irish-roots.ie It might be worth checking their list of sources to see if they include details for CofI parish of Delvin for the dates you are interested in.

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline Jack2227

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 10 May 10 20:28 BST (UK) »
Devlin is outside Mullingar, so perhaps those listed might be related, but I have no way of knowing.

Mullingar Roots 1901;
Austin Friars (north side)
Robinson Nellie, Billie, Hugh, Maggie, Mary, John.

Offline hurley42

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 12 May 10 09:13 BST (UK) »
Thank you shanew147. I think I might add visiting the RCB Library to my to do list when I visit Ireland at some stage in the future.

seanmac I may have located the marriage date for the parents of Henry and John Nixon (Jnr).

There is a marriage recorded for a Mary Ann Robinson and a John Nixon at Killucan in April 1839. Not far from Delvin and Rosmead. A few years later in 1844 another Robinson marries in the same town/location - Jane Robinson to a Richard Price. Could be related I suppose - sisters perhaps.

Cheers