Author Topic: 1851,1861and 1871 census-Davidson  (Read 4328 times)

Offline iand8

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
1851,1861and 1871 census-Davidson
« on: Saturday 26 March 05 14:42 GMT (UK) »
I'm would be grateful for any family info on a James P.(?) Davidson   and family.What I have so far is:-Born around 1805, died 20/03/1880.Lived and died @ Kenly Green,Fife on the estate in the Gardeners Cottage/Gate house,he is listed in the 1861 Parochial Directory for Fife and Kinross under Gardeners.The owner of Kenly Green,at that time, was a Mrs Alexander Russell . James was married to a Katherine Forsythe.I know of two sons Thomas ;who appears in the !881 census aged 49, living @ 61 Browning Street,Port Glasgow Renfrewshire with his family and John,gardener,who appears in the 1871 census living @ Gardeners cottage,Putney Heath Stables,Wandsworth with his family.I think James P.may also have had 2 daughters ?Penelope? and ?Allison or Helen? In an old letter I have, it is mentioned that he was buried in his mother's grave at Collinsberg or Colinsburgh.

Thomas' family(1881 census)Wife Mary A.age 50 Cupar Fife;David,age 20,Catherine, age 16:James G.,age 15;Mary A.age 10;all born Port Glasgow,Renfrewshire.Also in this household were Mathew age 25 and Francis age 30 Mullen both born Ireland.

To sum up,please could anyone help in finding details (or point me in the right direction) of James's close family,his parents bmd-(H.M),? Davidson ,mother buried @ Colinsburgh:Any   brothers/sisters:and any more of his own children.