Author Topic: Help Please  (Read 2837 times)

Offline moscan

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • The next generation
    • View Profile
Help Please
« on: Wednesday 19 May 04 06:13 BST (UK) »
I am looking for any information on a Samuel Wyatt, married a Sarah ? had one child I know about but of course there could be others...

Sarah Ann Wyatt born c 1852 in Adderbury Oxford. she married Henry Walker of Staffordshire

any help and advice really welcome

Thanks

Mo
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright<br /><br />Researching: - Freear, Walker, Aston, Scanlan, Courtney, Lowth, O’Sulivan, McDonnell, Condon, McMahon, McKay, Brock, Gourlay, Busby<br /><br />Locations: - March in Cambridgeshire, Banbury in Oxfordshire, Mileham in Norfolk, Worcester, Evesham, Claines in Worcestershire, Birmingham. Dublin, Cork, Fermanagh in Ireland.  Glasgow, Stirling in Scotland

Offline Colin D Gronow

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Member of the Association of Graveyard Rabbits
    • View Profile
Re:Help Please
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 19 May 04 15:00 BST (UK) »
Dear Mo,

If you wish to contact me, I have the parish registers of Adderbury, and quite a lot about the surname Wyatt within the parish, you never know I might be able to help you ;)

Offline moscan

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • The next generation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 19 May 04 23:00 BST (UK) »
Thanks a million,Gwerninion I really appreciate the assist

Mo
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright<br /><br />Researching: - Freear, Walker, Aston, Scanlan, Courtney, Lowth, O’Sulivan, McDonnell, Condon, McMahon, McKay, Brock, Gourlay, Busby<br /><br />Locations: - March in Cambridgeshire, Banbury in Oxfordshire, Mileham in Norfolk, Worcester, Evesham, Claines in Worcestershire, Birmingham. Dublin, Cork, Fermanagh in Ireland.  Glasgow, Stirling in Scotland

Offline Colin D Gronow

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Member of the Association of Graveyard Rabbits
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 20 May 04 11:10 BST (UK) »
Dear Mo,

Had a look last night at the registers for you and found the following baptisms: ;D

July 3rd
Mary Anne dau of Samuel & Sarah Wyatt, Labourer of Adderbury East.

March 7th
Louisa dau of Samuel & Sarah Wyatt, Miller of Adderbury East. *

April 19th
Edward son of Samuel & Sarah Wyatt, Butcher of Adderbury East.

February 1st
Sarah Ann dau of Samuel & Sarah Wyatt, Grocer of Adderbury East.

December 23rd
John son of Samuel & Sarah Wyatt, Labourer of Adderbury East.

*(Private baptism belonging to Adderbury but now living at Deddington. Admitted 31st March)

Did not appear to be any more children of this couple, if indeed the above are all the same couple?
You could do with checking the 1851 Census to see where Samuel & Sarah came from. I did have a look for a Marriage in Adderbury but could not find one at present. At first glance they do not seem to appear on any trees that I have seen, but I will look into that again.

What other information about them do you have?

Offline moscan

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • The next generation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 03 June 04 04:28 BST (UK) »
Thank you Gwerninion. I am sorry that I have not replied before now...the information that  I have is rather scetchy...

Samuel Wyatt born c 1817 Christened Adderbury 5 February 1817 Married Sarah ( no maiden name as yet)

They had I think 5 children

Mary Anne 1846
Louisa  1848
Edward  1850
Sarah Ann 1852

Samuel Wyatt possibly the son of Thomas Wyatt and Maria Deeley... Married I think  in 1816 in Adderbury  who had 5 children that I have found so far

Samuel  1817
Thomas  1818
William  1822
Susanna  1827
Sarah 1829
John  1855

All Adderbury...

This is what I have to date, and any help would really be appreciated...

Thanks

Mo