Author Topic: Joseph Greenwood  (Read 9178 times)

Offline lynda c

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Joseph Greenwood
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 07 October 10 12:16 BST (UK) »
Hi , hope we are onto the same family . I have a copy of my Isabella`s marriage cert her parents are John ? Joseph Greenwood coal miner (deceased by 1909) and Agnes Murray ( nee Hood) Formally Greenwood My Isabella`s dob is 1977 and I think she was born in Murikirk . I have found some information that John was ? born in Ireland and Agnes was born in Edinburgh not sure about this, the only true information i have is the copy of Isabella`s marriage certificate and I know this is correct because of her Husband Edward Johnston Conniss . Sorry I do have more information to give you I am very confused .
Lynda

Offline GLITTER123

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 08 October 10 22:26 BST (UK) »
hi lynda,

i'm not sure if it is.  I know from 1881 census that joseph and isabella had a daughter isabella who was 3 at that time.  That would seem to be the isabella from your lineage but then the father and mother doesn't seem right.  Could it be that her mother and father were different from who she lived with? Does she have same father and mother on all her birth, marriage and death certificates?

Offline lynda c

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 09 October 10 15:07 BST (UK) »
Hi I only have a copy of her Marriage certificate my Isabella was 23 when she married in 1909 that makes her dob 1886 so the Isabella on the 1881 census does not look like it will be her, i found this family and thought it was her but the years are wrong. How many Isabella Barr Greenwoods are there in Scotland ? and I think her Father came from Ireland ? or she could come from one of the other siblings on the census . Sorry not much help .
Lynda

Offline GLITTER123

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 09 October 10 20:39 BST (UK) »
hi lynda,
it might be her although the dates aren't correct.  i haven't found any other greenwood's in muirkirk at that time and isabella barr greenwood is quite an unusual name.   the father and mother were both born in ireland and brother was david barr greenwood.  it might be that they were related in some way. try muirkirk.org.  sorry not much to go on!

Offline lynda c

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 10 October 10 13:08 BST (UK) »
Hi  thanks will try that .
Lynda

Offline cmsmck

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 21 March 11 15:09 GMT (UK) »
Hello!  Hope you don't mind me throwing my hat into the ring so to speak!  I am currently doing a family tree for someone who has a Sarah Greenwood as his forebear.  This Sarah Greenwood was born in 1874 in Muirkirk, the daughter of Joseph Greenwood and Isabella Barr - her sister was Isabella Barr Greenwood, who was her bridesmaid at her wedding to Alexander Reid in 1893.  Sarah and Isabella were sisters of Thomas, Joseph, William, Mary and David Barr Greenwood.  Both Joseph Greenwood and Isabella Barr were born in Ireland.  Don't have any more information I'm afraid at this point in time, but if I find out more, will post it.
Geddes, Reid, Freeland, Trail, Swanson, McKellar, Downie, Wildgoose, Henderson, Gray, Craig, Brown

Offline lynda c

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 21 March 11 18:42 GMT (UK) »
Hi oh I got really excited when I first read this. This side of the family is proving difficult and it has had me really confused. My Isabella Barr Greenwood dob 1886 ( on her marriage cert ) Father is named as John Greenwood coal miner diseased by 1909 and her Mother Agnes looks like Murry not very clear formally Greenwood . Isabella lived at 12 railway Terrace Murikirk and Married Edward Albert Johnston Conniss . I think I have looked at your Sarah Greenwood but could not make her fit. I also believe my Isabella came from Ireland but have had no luck placing her there . If you find anymore I would be interested in that info . Sorry I am not much help .
Regards Lynda

Offline cmsmck

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday 21 March 11 20:29 GMT (UK) »
Hi there.  Your Isabella Barr Greenwood was born on the 2nd of March 1886 at 18 Rames? Row, Muirkirk, the daughter of John Greenwood and Agnes Greenwood m.s. Hood, who were married on the 30th of July 1879 in Kilmarnock.  Please see the attached file.  I wonder if your Isabella Barr Greenwood is actually named after the Isabella Barr that I am working on, possibly an aunt married to Joseph, John's brother?  A theory at the moment! 

Hope this helps.  Regards Catriona
Geddes, Reid, Freeland, Trail, Swanson, McKellar, Downie, Wildgoose, Henderson, Gray, Craig, Brown

Offline lynda c

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday 23 March 11 11:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi thanks for the information it looks like you might be correct . will look into it

Regards Lynda