Author Topic: Help with Miles marriage look up, circa 1800  (Read 1392 times)

Offline malevu

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Help with Miles marriage look up, circa 1800
« on: Sunday 09 May 10 12:44 BST (UK) »
Greetings from Melbourne, Australia.

I'd greatly appreciate any assistance with my research involving my gX3 grand father, William Miles. I have a copy of my gX2 grandfather, Thomas Miles marriage certificate quoting his father as being William Miles. I know they lived a good portion of their adult life in Bagworth.

The 1841 census shows Thomas (17) living in Bagworth with a William (60) and Sarah (58). At first I thought it may be Thomas' grand-parents, but additional research leads me to believe that it is in fact his parents.

William and Sarah Miles are listed on the 1841 census as being born in Leicestershire. Based on their ages I've found a William Miles marrying a Sarah Tatlow in Heather, 1799.  There is quite a bit more background on Sarah Tatlow but I can't place any birth information on William Miles.

Q. Could someone please do a marriage record look up on William Miles-Sarah Tatlow 14 July, 1799 and let me know what additional information it may contain ?

Clouding the issue is the fact that Thomas Miles indicates he was born in New Boilingbroke, Lincolnshire and all his siblings were born in Measham, Derbyshire. All of their records (except Thomas) show the parents as William Miles and Sarah.

Many thanks.

** Sorry, posted in wrong section. Now created in new lookups. Mod please delete.