Author Topic: Llanwonno, St Gwynno COMPLETED  (Read 10884 times)

Offline brianthetaff

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Llanwonno, St Gwynno COMPLETED
« Reply #27 on: Monday 18 July 16 18:35 BST (UK) »
Laurie, the chances of finding plot numbers for Llanwonno are slim to say the least. The Church and the pub - The Brynffynon Hotel - are the only two buildings there. Others have said, as I have, the Graveyard is totally overgrown and has been for more years than 20 which was the last time I went there. My last memory of who may be responsible for the church is the Church in Mountain Ash, but this could have easily changed. I have several members of the Davies & Evans families buried there and it is worth noting that Llanwonno is about 5/6 miles from Ferndale and roughly the same to either Ynysybwl and Mountain Ash. Good luck.
Brian - Blaenllechau born and bred.
Evans; Davies; Locke; Stafford; Lawrence; Moore; Angrave; Sparrow; Harrold; Billington; Wilson; Freestone; Horsley; Norton; Cave; Page; Kettell; Abell & Whapples.

Offline Lauriewilcox1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Monday 18 July 16 18:52 BST (UK) »
Hi. Thanks for the reply. I had a feeling the chances of finding the plot number is slim. He was buried in 1890. I visited the cemetery yesterday and will be trying again soon, hopefully I can just stumble across him. I'm from Tylorstown, so that's worth noting,  we're not Dar from each other. Thanks for the help, I'll need a lot of luck I think!

Offline brianthetaff

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Monday 18 July 16 18:58 BST (UK) »
No problem Laurie, I actually live in Cheshire, and was last at home in 2010 when Ferndale Rugby Club opened the 'Sir Stanley Baker Lounge', the connection is the film 'ZULU' and the fact that Ferndale Imperial Male Voice Choir did the singing of Men of Harlech at Llanwonno for the film, and I was part of the soldiers lining the foyer in Cardiff in March 1964 for the Welsh Premiere - I was stationed at Warminster at the time.
Iechydd
Evans; Davies; Locke; Stafford; Lawrence; Moore; Angrave; Sparrow; Harrold; Billington; Wilson; Freestone; Horsley; Norton; Cave; Page; Kettell; Abell & Whapples.

Offline ruchca

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Monday 18 July 16 22:07 BST (UK) »
Hi Laurie, I've looked at parish registers, can't find no of graves, but Thomas was born in 1846 died in 1890 as you said. And Mary Ann was born in 1877 and died in 1892 age 15. Both were from Tylorstown. Rhondda. Will try and find out if any records and where they are
CARTER PAULTON SOMERSET, HARDWICK LLANBISTER RADNOR,  KING ALTON PRIORS WILTSHIRE, THOMAS LLANBEDR MERIONETH,

Offline Lauriewilcox1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday 19 July 16 06:37 BST (UK) »
Hi. Thank you for that. I've found a record on find my past stating that Thomas is in llanwonno but can't find anything else. And can't find anything on Mary Ann. Any help would be amazing thank you.