Author Topic: Byrne Family farm - Baltyboys.  (Read 21118 times)

Offline etep

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Byrne Family farm - Baltyboys.
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 08 July 10 19:19 BST (UK) »
Ok. given Baltyboys is 8 m south of Blessington puts it into our family roots of Dunlavin / Blessington / Baltinglass.  Simon Byrne married Mary Clancy 12 25 1878 in Wicklow = familysearcch.org IGI individual record. In 1915 Simon Byrne married Catherine Wall in Liverpool (probably Saint Albans / Athol Street).

Byrne Family plot M3084 in Liverpool, RC Ford Cemetery, lists Simon Byrne as Deed Owner and then:
Mary Byrne 53 yrs - 10 09 1897 (All shown European style = 10th of September 1897)
Anastasia Byrne 3 years 07 26 1908
Peter Byrne 2 yrs 19 06 1912
Simon Byrne 30 yrs 13 07 1921 - Simon married Catherine Wall 1915, daughter Eileen Byrne b. 1921)
Note: lists simon's address as 26 Athol Street, Liverpool = my Wall family home address
Peter Byrne 66 yrs 09 07 1934

Additional ~ there's other members of our side of the Byrne family that emigrated and lived in NY Bronx w Wall family relatives ~ they're still to be found on eastcoast USA.

Hope it helps

pete wall USA

Offline kidja

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 10 July 10 13:48 BST (UK) »
Hello,

I have a Byrne family living in Ballinahown, Baltyboys. Some of the details are similar to yours:-
James Byrne married to Kathy Reid (rather than Pender) had the following children
Annie who married Patrick Clarke of Ballinahown and was born in 1896, Sadie, Jack who married May Quinn (John and Mary), Joe, Maura, Francis, Teresa and Seamus. There may be more that i have not come across.
James ' mother was Sarah Byrne and he had a sister Mollie.

I have 2 parish register entries for Valleymount Church Baltyboys
John born to Luke Byrne and Mary Ann Pender 27th May 1872 (sponsors James Byrne and Catherine Byrne) residence Baltyboys
Julia born to James Byrne and Catherine Byrne 21st May 1860 (sponsors Luke Commons and Marcella Commons) residence Baltyboys
Kidja
bellew, neary co. meath, gleeson, shannon,shanahan, smythe co kildare, murphy, clarke, higgins, twyford, farrell co. wicklow

Offline wex33

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 10 August 10 18:10 BST (UK) »
Hi Hols83.
You are now in contact with the author of the Byrne Family Farm -Baltyboys.
What I would say to you is what more do you want to know that is not already covered in my web-site. Let us know and help could be fortcoming.
You had a reply from Kidja which I am looking at from the corner of my eye underneath this.
I would appreciate a contact from Kidja and if he does he had better be well prepared to explain the outlandish distortion he attempted to impose on my true and accurate story of the Byrne Family of Baltyboys
Wex33

Offline OBriens

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 18 April 11 17:43 BST (UK) »
Hi - I just happened to do a search on my great-grandfather, John Byrne, and saw your post. 

My grandfather was James Byrne (RIP) of Baltyboys, ie. John Byrne's son.  I think my granddad Jimmy had a sister named Molly.  My mother (James' daughter) is Anne (still living), one of I believe nine children. 

Other details I have are fairly sketchy going back another generation.  I guess we must be related somehow!

Do let me know if we can share any other information - I can try to dig a bit deeper.

Offline hols83

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 18 April 11 18:04 BST (UK) »
Hello,

Thanks for your reply, Its lovely to find connections but What year was your grandad Jimmy born? I'm not sure we have the same james, as I have no mollys.

What was your grandmothers name?

If we have the same line, I have a lot of info on the Byrnes and would be mo than happy to share.

Hols83

Offline OBriens

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 18 April 11 22:03 BST (UK) »
Hi - I'll speak to my mother tomorrow and try to get the date.  I still have relations living in Baltyboys so may also be able to find out more information - I'll try to get back soonest - it's very interesting.  Kind regards.