Author Topic: burns  (Read 7671 times)

Offline Anthony

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: burns
« Reply #9 on: Friday 01 April 05 20:48 BST (UK) »
Hi Bell. Don't know her age, for her name to be in the Directory she would be the head of the household.

Anthony

Offline shirleyannmarie

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 05 April 05 12:30 BST (UK) »
HI,
My GGrandmother was Sarah Burns Born about 1867/8 she married a Thomas Rea, in Warrenpoint Co Down. Their children were called
Thomas
MaryK(Minnie)
William John
Sarah
Martha
Bridget Nora(died young)
Jain(Jane)( my grandmother)
Rose Ellen.
 From what I have found out ,yet  can not confirm, her Father was Bernard Burns(confirmed from marriage certificate)  and i believe she had a brother Hugh  and Peter, (Peter went to Wharton NJ), I have been led to believe she came from a large family of Burns. My grandfather use to say she was one of the Burns from Burren, near Warrenpoint,Co Down. Her family are being very elusive from my search for them. I will keep you in mind while I am searching for my Burns maybe we will turn out to be related in the end. Good luck with your search if you think I could help let me know.
regards shirleyannmarie
Orr,Reay,Burns,Mcmeekin,Henderson,Horgan-Ireland
Horgan,Morgans,Richards- Wales
Dale,Clark.Tattersfield-England

Offline bell

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 07 April 05 22:32 BST (UK) »
hi shirley thankyou for the information please coud you find out anything else about my relations i only know what my grandmother told my aunty that they were brought up by 2 maiden aunts i only know about 3 children but there coud have been more? from bell