Author Topic: Emigration to US surname "Passey"  (Read 5930 times)

Offline Erato

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Old Powder House, 1703
    • View Profile
Re: Emigration to US surname "Passey"
« Reply #18 on: Monday 17 May 10 21:51 BST (UK) »
I don’t understand the point of these publicly posted messages which refer to undisclosed  information contained in PMs.   Beyond counting towards the 3000 posts required to achieve Marquessate status, how are they useful to anyone?
Wiltshire:  Banks, Taylor
Somerset:  Duddridge, Richards, Barnard, Pillinger
Gloucestershire:  Barnard, Marsh, Crossman
Bristol:  Banks, Duddridge, Barnard
Down:  Ennis, McGee
Wicklow:  Chapman, Pepper
Wigtownshire:  Logan, Conning
Wisconsin:  Ennis, Chapman, Logan, Ware
Maine:  Ware, Mitchell, Tarr, Davis

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 17 May 10 21:53 BST (UK) »
Nooshie,

I've been looking for this info for 2 hours, why did'nt you say what you had found on familysearch.org ?
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 17 May 10 22:11 BST (UK) »
There is no undisclosed information, I have been working on this with few clues. as have other people. They could'nt be found on passenger lists because they have travelled alot later than 1921.  The p.m I sent gave a possible name and address which I could not post on here but I gave a short message, so that others would know what I had found. It also transpires this person could still be living - although that is now disproved.
My purpose is to enjoy a hobby which helps other people, not bothered about any status - that means nothing - so will post as I think appropriate. The important thing is we eventually  got a result.
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 17 May 10 22:22 BST (UK) »
This looks like the Utah Cemetery Index Record for the death Frederick John Passey.
Born 26 June 1922 (which ties in with the UK BMD Record) The Death Date was the 9 May 1996. Cemetery:- Orem.

Offline NooshieW

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Today is the day of my life
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 18 May 10 19:04 BST (UK) »
Many.many thanks dettori for your kind help on this and other threads re emigration.  We now have confirmation (thanks to your research) to enable us to write to our cousin in Utah and make contact.   You have to ensure that the information is correct and dot "i's" and cross "t's" to make sure these are the  right family and we are much obliged for your assistance.
Devon,Cornwall and Somerset
West,Horne,Andrews,Melluish and Denniford

Offline jpassey

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 28 April 14 02:23 BST (UK) »
I don't know if you already found the information you were looking for, but I'll post it here in case you didn't.  I am a direct descendent of Frederick John Passey (1900-1947) and Ellen Louise Hodge (1901-1988) married 20AUG1921.  They had 6 children.  The oldest (Frederick John Passey; 1922-1996) is my grandfather.  Of the 6 children, Frederick John Passey was the only one that emigrated to the United States in 1970.  After serving a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, his oldest son, John William Passey, came to the United States in 1965 and the rest of his family (his parents and 3 siblings) followed in the next few years.  Frederick John Passey (1922-1996) lived exclusively in the Southern California area and in Salt Lake City, Utah.  If you need specific areas, I can provide them.