Author Topic: Crazy John (Jack) Hall  (Read 15856 times)

Offline kenovey1

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Crazy John (Jack) Hall
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 23 August 11 10:47 BST (UK) »
Father's name John also.  Lived at Otterburn Hall.  Was a magistrate.  Was executed at Tyburn, London 13 Jul 1716, during the First Scottish Uprising.  Would appreciate information on his family - wife, name unknown (possibly Hutchison???) and son named Robert, born 1700, died 1780.   Much appreciated.

Offline kenovey1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 23 August 11 10:51 BST (UK) »
An older Otterburn Hall existed at least as early as 1777. At that time, the Hugh Percy, 2nd Duke of Northumberland asked the hall's owner, Henry Ellison, for permission to erect a monument on the field to honor his ancestor who died during the Battle of Otterburn. Ellison denied the request and raised a monument himself which included an obelisk, possibly an architrave removed from Otterburn Hall's kitchen fireplace, which was placed into a socketed battle stone. (Wilkipedia)

Offline Angelines

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 09 November 11 10:17 GMT (UK) »
Hello,

My GGG grandparents are Hall's from Belford and Bamburgh. I would love to find a connection to other Hall's, I also understand there may be link to Wooler. 

My family did not make it easy for me as Hall's from Belford married Hall's from Ireland, just to make my searching that little bit harder.

Would love to hear back, Angeline x
Lenaghan- Mayo, Ireland
Wilkes-Staffordshire, Glasgow
Hall- Derryinver, Ireland, Co Durham, Glasgow, Northumberland

Offline terpotts

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 09 June 24 11:51 BST (UK) »
Does anyone know if someone from this particular Hall family went to either Northern Ireland (Ulster) or America mid 1600s/early 1700s? We are presently in Elsdon looking for connections to the Potts family of Durtrees (near Otterburn). Grateful for any leads!