Author Topic: Joseph MUSGRAVE & Sarah COOPER Marriage at Kendal circa 1831  (Read 2402 times)

Offline Ed1946

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Joseph MUSGRAVE & Sarah COOPER Marriage at Kendal circa 1831
« on: Saturday 22 May 10 03:17 BST (UK) »
Is it possible to find the date and any other information about a marriage in Kendal, England, in about 1831?

The marriage was between Joseph Musgrave born circa 1810 and Sarah Cooper born circa 1812.

According to Joseph's death details his father was also called Joseph and his mother called Annis but her maiden surname is unknown.

Sarah's father was John Cooper, a Wool Dresser, and her mother was Mary, maiden surname unknown.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Ed

Offline ChrisWest

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Joseph MUSGRAVE & Sarah COOPER Marriage at Kendal circa 1831
« Reply #1 on: Monday 24 May 10 23:39 BST (UK) »
Hi Ed,

Looking at FamilySearch website, it seems that you are not the first to search for this elusive marriage. The IGI is pretty well covered for Kendal, so either it could be omitted, mistranscribed, or may they were married elsewhere or maybe not at all.

If Sarah was on the 1851 census, where was she born? Could they have married in a neighbouring parish? or even Gretna Green?

Kendal Record Office will do a free 10-minute search (if you ask them nicely) in the records of the parish church Holy Trinity, so this could eliminate omission & mistranscription.

Hope this helps.

Chris

Offline Ed1946

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Joseph MUSGRAVE & Sarah COOPER Marriage at Kendal circa 1831
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 25 May 10 07:04 BST (UK) »
Hi Chris,

Many thanks for your reply.

I have just sent an email to the Kendal Record Office as you suggest and will see how I go.

Thanks again,
Ed